+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: To be or not to be final fantasy 7

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

To be or not to be final fantasy 7

should final fantasy 7 continue or should they just let it die like the weathered old man it is? If so tell me your new ideas of new ways to improve final fantasy 7.
    fear the reaper

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: to be or not to be final fantasy 7

With the legions upon legions screaming for a remake I doubt it will be forgotten anytime soon.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed Hassun. I want a remake of FF7 for the PS3. but what I wanna know is if the battle system should be the same or if they should make it like Crisis Core.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Its too bad that Square as already said, on any given number of times, that a remake of the original game will not happen.

While personally, I'd love to see a remake for the game on a next gen console, I think that doing that could possibly ruin the series.

Lets face it. Take a step back for a moment and look at the story line. You got an environmental terrorist group called Avalanche blowing up power plants made by a company who is slowly killing the planet and researching things that could destroy life as they know it.

Is that really such a good story line? Final Fantasy VI had a better story, so did VIII, IX, X and XII.

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Lets face it. Take a step back for a moment and look at the story line. You got an environmental terrorist group called Avalanche blowing up power plants made by a company who is slowly killing the planet and researching things that could destroy life as they know it.

Is that really such a good story line? Final Fantasy VI had a better story, so did VIII, IX, X and XII.
    Aceman67 has a really good point. Now do not get me wrong. FF7 had a unique storyline. But, it was not the best that Square Enix had to offer. VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI all had more decent story line's. I feel that XII is getting so much credit for the fact that it had quite a few plot twist to it. Cause it started as cloud starting out as a environmental terrorist, to the one who defeats Sephiroth, a man who hated the planet so much that he wanted to destroy it. To me, the storyline was awesome, but had room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Final Fantasy itself should die, especially 7! I wouldn't be surprised to see a remake of 7 personally. Square Enix is keeping the remakes coming on the handheld front, after all.(Dragon Quest IV and V, Final Fantasy III, and now Final Fantasy IV). The DS Final Fantasy remakes are in 3d now, so at least their constant bludgeoning of it's key franchise has some effort put forth into it. Personally though, enough of the remakes already Square Enix! I'm actually excited for their new original games like The World Ends with You, and Sigma Harmonics(*fingers crossed for an NA version*). Square makes creative and brilliant games, and I'd rather see them drop the beaten horse that is Final Fantasy and branch off more.

If we're just talking FF7, it's already in 3d, what could they possibly add without changing the features of the original completely? A shinier version of FF7 would be a waste in my opinion. You can even play the original on the PS3 right?

Of course, it would sell infinity+ copies, so they'll probably still do it regardless.

Side-note: FF4 and FF6 > FF7. I''d be a hypocrite and buy remakes of 4 and 6, but not 7, never 7.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-x View Post
    ...Sephiroth, a man who hated the planet so much that he wanted to destroy it.
    sorry, but i can't let this go. Sephiroth wanted the planet destroyed so that when it healed itself he would get all that energy and effectively become a god.

As for the remakes, none of them are truly FFVII, Crisis Core has its own entire storyline when it was told, with perfect accuracy, of what happened five years during Cloud's past. Now they add osmeone new, the hell? Advent children is false because ALL clones other than cloud where killed by Sephiroth in the Northern Crator. Only dirge of Cerberus has a chance to be real in my eyes.

If square did make a remake of this game, i'd lose all faith in them and their games. it is a great company fused by two of supposedly the best storyline game creators since gaming has been around. Why do they need to keep thier death grip on one game? They need to stop beating a dead horse and move on, create something wonderful for a change.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zyta For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (Apr 25, 2008)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post

If square did make a remake of this game, i'd lose all faith in them and their games. it is a great company fused by two of supposedly the best storyline game creators since gaming has been around. Why do they need to keep thier death grip on one game? They need to stop beating a dead horse and move on, create something wonderful for a change.
    Be sure to know that if there weren't so many fans screaming for FFVII they wouldn't have returned to it at all. And what do you mean by "create something wonderful for a change"? You mean like all the acclaimed games they made since then? You know, FFVIII to XII, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hassun For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (Apr 25, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast