+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: To be or not to be final fantasy 7

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Re: to be or not to be final fantasy 7

I just want a remake of FFVII , i enjjoyed the game a lot along with others with good story lines. but if there is going to be a remake i will deifinitely watch out for it.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

For a lot of people (and by a lot of people I mean me) FF VII is the only reason to like FF. If they dropped all other storylines or worlds or whatever and just stuck with the VII world, I'd be totally cool with that. VII may be wasn't the best FF, I don't know, I don't play them, but it is the most popular, and damn it they ought to decide whether they want to completely destroy it or keep it going, do one or the other.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

FF7 continuity? I don't mind, i never really cared about all of its spinoffs anyway.

FF7? Highly commendable.

Dirge of Cerberus? never played it.
    Advent Children? 5 out of 10.
    Crisis Core? no comment.

I have enough respect for FF7 but by quality and aesthetics it has already been beaten and outdone by a lot of games that came before and after it.

....and a ton of games have been taken for granted because of it.

Otaku trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy's Avatar
    Thanks

All I can say is a remake of it would be awsome. It's main plot changed a couple of times, bringing in new ideas, history, and situations, that is why it was so awsome. and the wide range of characters with there own stories is why there can be so many add on's to the story. This final fantasy will never die, and I don't care what the company says, eventually they will back down, or get new bosses who will listen, and remake it for a newer version.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm probably one of the insane people who actually want a remake for FFVII. I'm not a huge fan of the game but it'd be nice for Square to remake it on the PS2 or the DS. Square has already remade 1-6. And have re-re-made games 1 2 and 4 for the DS. I'm not really one for spinoff though when I played Crisis Core for a short time I thought it was a good game. Dirge I don't think I'll play it though I'm still debating whether I want to or not. Mainly because the in game graphics are shotty. The in game camera is messed up. I may just spend the money on Chaos Wars..

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Not to be.
    Sorry, but when I was younger I LOATHED FF7...
    Not because it was a bad game... it was good.
    Not because the storyline sucked... it was okay.
    Not because I hated the characters... meh, they were good.

But because that RPG drew away the attention from SOOO many great RPGs!
    I was an RPG fanatic during my heavy-gamer years... and FF7 was just "okay" to me... but the sad truth is, great RPGs came out BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER FF7- - AND NONE OF THEM WERE NOTICED!!!
    ... gwar... Let FF7 have its remakes, but just so you know: You FF7-remake-lovers, stay on YOUR SIDE of the fence when we talk about RPGs... FF7 WAS NOT THE GOLDEN STANDARD, and NEVER WILL BE. So go back to your little Cloud/Sephiroth world and don't even dare to disease other RPGs with your filthy opinions.

... I thought FFV was awesome.

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I think they should just let it die. Though the characters were interesting (some of them like Red XIII), I hated the materia system. It wasn't as bad as the draw system from 8, but I though it still stunk. I preferred 9's system a lot better. Not everyone could get everything, although the esper system in 6 wasn't too bad. But I digress. I didn't really think that Sephiroth was as memorable a villain as say Kefka. And you really didn't have any mages other than Aeris and she dies.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gamemaster331 For This Useful Post:

Zerosan9000 (Apr 28, 2008)

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster331 View Post
    , I hated the materia system. It wasn't as bad as the draw system from 8, but I though it still stunk. I preferred 9's system a lot better. Not everyone could get everything, although the esper system in 6 wasn't too bad.
    I agree, the Materia system makes the game less-than-challenging(by FF terms) and it gives no character individuality. It might be preferred by power-gamers but it's just not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Hassun; Apr 28, 2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hantei16 For This Useful Post:

gamemaster331 (Apr 26, 2008), Zerosan9000 (Apr 28, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast