+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The old days

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

The old days

Hey there AO. What do "the good old days" mean to you? It's going to be different from person to person. My parents probably think that growing up without TV, and listening to doo wop and motown was the most amazing thing ever, but that doesn't mean anything to me. I'm curious to see what music, games, TV, or just long gone activities made up your "good old days".

For me I think Sega Genesis, the WWF Attitude Era, and the days where cartoons like Doug, Rugrats, Dexters Lab, and Animaniacs ruled the airwaves.

Waking up for school, and catching the end of Zoids or Max Steel before heading out. School was a place where kids would bring their Gameboy Pocket or Color, trade and collect Pokemon cards, talk about what happened in that Stone Cold vs Bret Hart match, and if asked what you were doing tomorrow, it was most likely "the same thing we do everynight Pinky, try to take over the world."

MTV played artists like Busta Rhymes, someone you may know as Diddy who we knew as Puff Daddy, Barenaked Ladies, Eve 6, Everclear, Sugar Ray, and eventually there was nothing but boy bands like N Sync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, and ugh..... O Town.

So AO, what do you look back on? What was there that isn't there anymore, and defined your childhood?

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The old days

Essentially, I was a child of vibrant 90's. Messages were simple, festive and spread with a purple chalk outline. I long for such days again. Purchasing my first N64, being a rampant Pokemon card hoarder. Nickelodeon and Cartoon Networks '90's lineups was the agenda of childhood entertainment and the show's theme songs announced themselves of anthems of childish freedom. I loved being outside the bounds of responsibility and regard for what was most important. Sadly, I'm drifting along a bank of teasing memories. The Old Days.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

old day to me is my childhood years.... the times when pokemon was still good to watch, watching the movie on the big screen for the first time and getting the mew card and not being stuck in a five day work cycle and buying as much dbz cards as i can and getting excited in finding the one card you need. the days you can out with friends to the mall, talking for hours on end and sleepovers, and when music was
    still good to listen to and really didn't have a care in the world
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Looking back now...I'd have to say that I truly miss my childhood, and all the things I would change if I could go back cant be numbered. Though I hold no regrets of my past actions, as they provided dear lessons, I do miss the ease of life; no bills, no pressures, easy access to the women..ect!

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i miss getting out of school for Halloween and summer vacations that meant beach trips and not worrying when my next check was coming in.i liked the idea of trusting people and not getting cheated out of stuff or getting things stolen. though i guess the old day have taught me not to be so naive now and i have learned a few thing about earning money. so i have to say the good old days have put me where i am now for the better.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

But....when it comes to manga lol I really missed the first time I had the chance to enjoying reading the rurouni kenshin manga...I feel in love with the series, now all I can do is wish they would have continued the series at least another few volumes lol

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie Weekeefttiz is off to a good start
    Thanks

The old days

I miss the old days of Toonami and the new Saturday anime eps. as well. I remember comming home from school to see the new animes out before they switched to having them on Saturday. I knew when Toonami said that "Tom" was no longer going to show, they would ruin it for me.

+ Reply to Thread