+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pan's Labyrinth (comments or thoughts)

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Pan's Labyrinth (comments or thoughts)

This movie was soo good. I rented it yesterday. It is in subtitles but its a very good movies, and I don't really mind subtitles considering I watch some many Japanese movies. Anyway, has anyone else seen it? Did you like it?
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pan's Labyrinth (comments or thoughts)

I've seen this movie, but only once, which I think wasn't enough for me, since I was not able to fully understand some of the parts..

In some ways, Pan's Labyrinth is quite reminiscent of the story of the Bridge to Terabithia - the story of submerging one's world into the mind's imagination/overcoming reality with one's fantasy. The significant difference is the setting: Bridge to Terabithia's story happens in a modern setting, while Pan's Labyrinth is set into the past in a civil war, if I remember correctly.

Pan's Labyrinth was a good movie for me, not bad and not overwhelmingly fantastic either. It's a movie that can make one think, and depending on the viewer, it could be a happily-ever-after story or a story of tragedy.

To those who haven't watched it but are planning to, be prepared for some minor blood and gore. The story is set in a war, after all, but the movie does not do anything to censor some bloody violence; you can very well expect some elements of civil war such as torture, etc. It's not ultimate blood and gore, but it's just that it's not much of a children's movie as most might expect.

All in all, I think it was still a worthwhile movie for me. It shows how even a little girl can find the strength to hold onto in the midst of a world she can't understand, even when reality seems to go against her. In the end, you'll realize that you have the strength inside all along to do what is right.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen that movie... I didn't like it much though... something just didin't seem right in it... Can't tell what exactly... I was propably just waiting for something else...
    But the ending made me cry witch means that the movie wasn't that bad after all, it was really sad and really dreamy, if I was a princes of a story world that is how I would end up also. And I liked the fact that she couldn't fullfil the quest where she had to go down and open the right door, because usually in all sories and most of the movies the beautiful princes is able to do everything that is asked right... the movie was more realistic than that...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Thanks

I agree, I liked that fact too. I get really sick of all these happy-ever-after movies. They are good some of the time, but not all of the time. Call me negative but oh well.
    Dear Dinah...

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Yes I saw it i thought it was interesting, even though we spent 20 minnutes trying to get rid of the subtitles. i didnt see the whole thing, but from what i saw was good and how she sacraficed herself in the end for her littel brother.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I have never heard of it. Is it old? If it's good I'll think about watching it. I mostly watch comedy and horror movies.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

It's quite horrifying... at least I thought it was. It's not old, they showed it here in Latvia just this year and we're not THAT backward. It was quite good so maybe you should watch it...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Thanks

No it's not old, it came out in 2006. it's a very good movie you should watch it. I loved it.
    Dear Dinah...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast