+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    However; Elizabeth's loyalty and patience "broke his curse", so at the end of the credits, it shows Will returning to land at sunset, meeting Elizabeth and his nine year old son for the first time; never to return to the Flying Dutchman again.

?_? huh? i thought he was just spending his one day on land with them? when did it explain that she broke the curse?

Otaku Reese may be famous one day Reese may be famous one day
    Thanks

I watched the movie last week. More theory less action. I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I didn't find the plot as interesting as Pirates 1 or 2. However, a wonderfully created conclusion to Pirates of the Carribean. ]
    The only downside to the film was Kiera Knightley's (Elizabeth Swan) performance, it wasn't her best and I found her quite annoying at times.

Overall the film itself would be considered one of the best films released this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Son... whatever. If you realized, this all happens in the land of the unknown. Where up is down, and left is right. Boys are girls..

No, YOU watch the scene more closely! It was a GIRL!
    If that were so Elizabeth and the crew would have crossed genders. I stayed til the end of the credits and from observation, the child looked 'male'.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf
    However; Elizabeth's loyalty and patience "broke his curse", so at the end of the credits, it shows Will returning to land at sunset, meeting Elizabeth and his nine year old son for the first time; never to return to the Flying Dutchman again.
    Will Turner is eternally binded to the 'Flying Dutchman'. He is only permitted to walk on land every 10yrs. He returned to Elizabeth under 'Curse rules'. The film showed no indication he had been released from his bonds. Will Turner was never free from the Curse.

I never understood why Elizabeth never followed him on the 'Flying Dutchman'.

Newbie zig93 is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think the reason why she didnt go with Will was because she wasnt dead. the only way that you can go on the ship is if you are dead. What I dont understand is if Will had a chlid would the child have some have some of her dads powers? The way that I see it is that they made her after he was dead. So what would that make the child?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    If that were so Elizabeth and the crew would have crossed genders. I stayed til the end of the credits and from observation, the child looked 'male'.
    It's up to the audience to decide.
    It looked like a girl to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    Will Turner is eternally binded to the 'Flying Dutchman'. He is only permitted to walk on land every 10yrs. He returned to Elizabeth under 'Curse rules'. The film showed no indication he had been released from his bonds. Will Turner was never free from the Curse.
    Did I say the film indicated what happened?

No. I saw the movie and did some research. This came up:
    The writers have allegedly stated that Elizabeth's fidelity to Will during the ten years removes the curse, releasing him from service on the "Dutchman" and making him mortal again. Reportedly, a "deleted scene" between Tia Dalma and Davy Jones explains this, although it is unsubstantiated
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    I never understood why Elizabeth never followed him on the 'Flying Dutchman'.
    She had her own duties as the captain of the Empress. Sao Feng made that his "dying wish".

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

... It was way better than the second one.

I saw a downloaded copy of it, I know.. bootleg, neh. And then I had to go it again with my sister.. do you know why? Because she wanted to see the credits thing...... T_T

So we watched the movie and I had a big drink.. I nearly peed right there in the seat waiting for the credits to end. Why the hell do you need that many people to make one damn movie?

But it's all good guys, I made it to the girls room and I tell you, it was awesome.

My sister said something about Calypso releasing Will from his captain-hood (?) because Elizabeth had been faithful for those ten years.. if that's true what the hell are they going to base the 4th movie on.. there's going to be another, there are to many fangirls/boys to allow them not to make one.

And... eww... brain licking.. er.. .... gross.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really get why people in general are complaining about PotC III so much. It was okay, definitely better than the second installment, and I really have to say that Hans Zimmer outdid himself this time. Admittedly, it's possible that I didn't catch all the flaws because I was too busy concentrating on the cinematography and the music (both of which were superb) - but really, how bad could it have been anyway? Oh, but I didn't like the post-credits scene. I think it would have been better if it wasn't left in. Why did Will come back anyway? It wasn't mentioned in the film that he only had to serve 10 years - even Davy Jones only said, "TEN YEARS I served your purpose, blah blah blah..." but nobody mentioned that his duty would be done after 10 years...... unless I missed that bit too?

Also, Keira's acting seemed a little... forced?

Oh, and the child is DEFINITELY a boy. It looked like a boy to me, and besides, the kid in the role is a boy. If he wanted it to be a girl, Verbinski could've just gotten a little girl to play the part.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I really liked the movie. I think it was better than the second one but of course nothing beats the original. I didn't like the ending though, yet again. I can't believe the Will turns into the next Davy Jones. I think that is a horrible ending. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it.

Newbie wandering_star_child may be famous one day wandering_star_child may be famous one day wandering_star_child's Avatar
    Thanks

I loved it! I was only hoping that Elizabeth would die in this one but Nooo, instead she gets to be a pirate lord thanks to sao fang and pirate king thanks to Jack. As for all this Will being freed from the flying dutchman because of Elizabeths loyalty during those 10 years, I say wait until it's out on DVD and see if it's explained in the special features stuff or if there is a deleted scene that explains it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast