View Poll Results: Which Pirates of The Carribbean is better?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Pirates of The Carribbeans

21 42.86%
  • The Pirates of The Carribbeans II: Dead Mans Chest

25 51.02%
  • Never seen either of them

3 6.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pirates of The Carribbean II Dead Mans Chest (Spoiler!)

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

The Pirates of The Carribbean II Dead Mans Chest (Spoiler!)

For all who has seen Pirates of the Carribbean you know about the Black Pearl, Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann. If you have not seen it but want to know alittle about it then just continue to read.

In Pirates of the Carribbean Will Turner was found by a boat of the East India Trading Company. Which Elizabeth Swann is on with her father Govener Swann and Elizabeths future fianee Commador Norington. Elizabeth took the cursed necklace from Will when he was brought onto the boat so that way they would not think he was a pirate. Later Elizabeth is saved by Captain Jack Sparrow from drowning in the ocean because of her corset cutting off her curculation. Elizabeth and Will helped Captain Jack Sparrow escape prison, regain control of the Black Pearl and extract his revenge. When it is all over Captain Jack Sparrow is caught again and is sent to the gallows Will comes to the rescue again. To keep them from stopping Will and capturing Jack Elizabeth pretends to faint. Through out the whole movie Elizabeth falls deeper and deeper in love with Will.

In The Pirates of The Carribbeans II: Dead Mans Chest it starts out with Elizabeth sitting in the rain at her and Wills wedding. They barge into Wills' Blacksmith shop and arrest him. Next coming after Elizabeth and Commador Norington. Unknowing to Lord Becket that Norington has run off and resigned from his post. Jack Sparrow has a debt to settle with Davy Jones for the exchange of being captain for 13 years on the Black Pearl Jack has given Davy his soul. Jack is trying to get out of his debt so he is going after the chest that holds Davy Jones still beating heart. Lord Becket has offered Will a deal but it says nothing about Elizabeth living. The deal is that if Will brings back the compass to Lord Becket that he and Jack will have a full pardon. So Will sets out on a journey to recover the compass only to be trapped into the service of Davy Jones by Jack. Although it was the perfect excuse for Will to get the key to the Chest of Davy Jones Heart. While on the ship Will finds his father and makes a promise to free him from the servituted of Davy. Elizabeth escapes finds Jack at the island of Tartuga and is welcomed aboard the Black Pearl. Jack uses Elizabeth to find the Chest but unfortunatly Elizabeth seems starts to fall in love with Jack. When the cracken comes for the Black Pearl they abandon ship but Elizabeth takes enough time to kiss and chain Jack to the mast. Not knowing that Will has seen them kiss and is hurt but wants Elizabeth to be happy. He says that he would do anything to bring back Jack. Thus starting a whole new adventure we will see how it turns out in part three.

Now that I have given you a little over view of what the movies were about What is your opinion on them? Why is it that in every movie Elizabeth seems to fall in love with another person each time? Who do you think that Elizabeth will fall in love with in the end? What do you like the most in each of the movies? What is your favorite part of each one?

My opinion of the movies is that they are a great movie to sit down and watch with friends and family. I believe that Elizabeth does not know who she wants to be with. That she is just confused and isn't taking the time to think about who it is she really loves. In the end I think that it will be Will she ends up marrying because I think it is she just feels guilty for letting Jack get killed by the Cracken is all. In the first movie Pirates of The Carribbean my favorite part of the whole movie was where Jack and Will are fighting in the Blacksmiths shop. In The Pirates of The Carribbeans II: Dead Mans Chest it's where Jack thinks he has Davy Jones heart in the jar of dirt and he's walking across the ship singing "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt. Guess what's in it, guess whats in it" then he trips and it breaks. He runs over to it and moves the dirt around going "where's the thump thump, where's the thump thump." That is my favorite part of the movie.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Pirates of The Carribbean II Dead Mans Chest (Spoiler!)

I'd have to say that I prefer the first Pirates movie out of the two. When I saw it in the theatre, I found that it did a good job in the beginning of the movie of creating setting, mood, and atmosphere, which I don't often find in other movies. It was one of those where you seem to lose track that you're sitting in a movie theatre.

Number 2 was good as well, but it seemed like it was just going through the motions. Kinda of like they were just trying to throw in there anything pirate-y that the writers came up with. Not that the movie was bad though. It just didn't have the same oomph as much as the first one. I liked the character of Davy Jones, that was an interesting bad guy to create.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I can't decide what movie I liked best, I think they were just as good as the each other. The second one was a bit long, but I think they made it up with all the action scenes.

My favourite scene in the first movies was "Why is the rum gone" when they are stuck on that island XD.
    The best part for me on number two would have to be the part when the three of them are fighting on that wheel!

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you guys for saying your favorite part but I have a question who do you think she will end up with Will or Jack or maybe even someone else other then them?

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer the 1st one... The 1st one had good mood and atmosphere and kept me interested... while the 2nd one me and my friends just sat there until the kraken... then we were like "YAY! KRAKEN!" so... yeah... And I despise the ending... I mean... usually movies get worse as they go along, so I was like "Hmm... for a sequel this is pretty good!" So it's like "wtf?? a third one?!" I only hope it is as good as the 1st two >_>
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Thanks

I like the part where Jack is running into into the mouth of the Kracken. I think that was a great part. Also The costums for then pirates on the Flying Dutchman were perfectly done.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought what was interesting about the pirates on the Flying Dutchman was how they mutated as the served their periods of servitude. It seemed like as they aged, they became part of the ship in a way. For example, that guy in the cabin that was part of the wall and holding a lantern. He was supposed to be one of the oldest as well.

That, and Davy Jones was cool as a squid-faced buccaneer with a crab claw and tentacle for hands.
    Oh yes, that swordfight on the island with the wheel and then Elizabeth was throwing down with the Dutchmen Pirates with two swords.............the most entertaining fight I've seen in a modern movie in a while.

I haven't seen the first one yet, but after seeing Dead Man's Chest, I wanna see it. I also wanna see the upcoming third one as well.

Disney suprised me with this one........and that's a good thing!
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

For some reason people in these movies just can't stay dead(won't say who, but it's obvious after watching part 2). So I wouldn't be surprised if a certain someone lived after the ending of part 2.

Another problem is that they spent too much time on high flying action than story. There were some unanswered questions and a few plot holes, but nothing too big to ruin the story.

Also, the kiss she gave Jack Sparrow wasn't one of love. There's a different meaning to that, which is why she left him on his ship. I find some people mistakenly think of it as "love". If you wanted to put it that way, you could easily say Tia Dalma(Shop owner) also loved Jack and Turner, which is entirely untrue.

My main gripe is the sort of "to be continued"(or lack thereof) ending. It was basically a new scene, that dragged on instead of having a proper end, it just abruptly ended(probably because it was long enough already) and showed credits rolling.

Part 1, on the other hand, was superb. I have no complaints with it. It's a movie that can be a stand alone title.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast