+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Playing video games or watching it in theaters?

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Playing video games or watching it in theaters?

playing is so much better! I think so because, you really get into it more than you can watching it. though, watching it is fun too... nevertheless, playing is way better.
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

Newbie Ivofficialygonecrazy is off to a good start Ivofficialygonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Playing the game is fun but its just nothing like the movie

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well that depends, was the movie out first then turned into a game or was it originally a game turned movie?

Game to Movie: Play the game. the game would make more sense than the movie and has an all around better presentation. the movie, as ive learned, is never as good as the game. lack of characters, lack of story elements, and all that can truly take me out of the experience.

Movie turned Game: I would prefer to watch the movie, as the game is normally only made to make some money off of a successful movie title. Therefore, because it has the same name, quality can be thrown into the wind because people will most likely only buy it because of the movie it's based on.
    Why hello there!

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd rather play the game (if it's an RPG). Though watching some of them is fun in and of itself. For fighting games and the like, I'd rather watch the movie. I'm not really all that into such games.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    well that depends, was the movie out first then turned into a game or was it originally a game turned movie?
    Well in your question that you asked for, is simple i think.
    There may have games that has been already out first before the movie, but in this case movies are coming out before the release date of games, i do not know for sure the movie titles of these particular ones.

Reviews come out promising into acquiring games that will be popular and ending up later being a bad game. No, that is not what i really want in this case, that you should do the movie before the game, but i simply wanted to see how well you can tell that the original game will become in the big screen. You may already know about Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, which has sold out already in the U.S country, but can it sold out for the big screen when it does come out?

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    As i can remember we have seen video games finally popping in theaters in order to show how it works i guess... or maybe not, and now it is finally arriving time to show it all to the public.

So let me ask this; Would rather see the video games in theaters then playing the actual game?

Personally i preffer, watching the movie rather then playing the actual game. There are several reasons to why, so watching the movie from the video game is simpler and less cheating other then using cheats in order to beat the game. Playing any game is really disadvantegous, since only highly skilled players know how to play.
    New players always have to acquire strategy guides in order to handle the game. In my thoughts in this one that only cheaters preffer to play it over and over to find new ways to cheat off. People that preffer finding an easier way to complete the game without complications should be by watching the movie for example; Capcom releases Onimusha, Clock Tower by the year of 2009 sometime around the fall probably.
    Now member it is your turn now...
    No, no, no...

I would rather play the game first. Why? Many reasons. But first, let me say this: You cannot use a movie based from a video game as a strategy guide. I repeat--YOU CANNOT use a movie to help you beat a video game. For one of the very same reasons why you should play the game first. It's all about the script. On both sides of the court.

The main reason you play the game is to follow the story of a character and--in a sense--interact with that character. Get a feel for what it's like to be that person. THEN, after you beat the game, the game becomes a smash hit, and it becomes a movie; you watch the movie to--not only be one of the many fans who said, "I've seen that,"--make sure that the writers didn't f*ck the movie up like they did Street Fighter or House of the Dead!!! And THAT's why you can't use any movie as a strategy guide as well. That and the fact that Hollywood likes to chop things up, change a few facts and shorten the story by skipping (sometimes vital) parts in order to squeeze 72 hours of gameplay in to an one and a half hours of Hollywood entertainment.

If you're a noob to most games and the movie is why you're checking out the game, that's different. But don't think the game will be exactly like the movie, because the game came first.

Newbie azriel is off to a good start
    Thanks

i mostly like playing games but there are some games that im am glad made it to the big screen. Silent Hill being the case in point. Playing the game is creepy enough and when it came to the big screen it just personified everything Silent Hill is about. I hear they are in the process of creating Silent Hill 2 for the big screen. This makes me a happy panda

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    No, no, no...

I would rather play the game first. Why? Many reasons. But first, let me say this: You cannot use a movie based from a video game as a strategy guide. I repeat--YOU CANNOT use a movie to help you beat a video game. For one of the very same reasons why you should play the game first. It's all about the script. On both sides of the court.

The main reason you play the game is to follow the story of a character and--in a sense--interact with that character. Get a feel for what it's like to be that person. THEN, after you beat the game, the game becomes a smash hit, and it becomes a movie; you watch the movie to--not only be one of the many fans who said, "I've seen that,"--make sure that the writers didn't f*ck the movie up like they did Street Fighter or House of the Dead!!! And THAT's why you can't use any movie as a strategy guide as well. That and the fact that Hollywood likes to chop things up, change a few facts and shorten the story by skipping (sometimes vital) parts in order to squeeze 72 hours of gameplay in to an one and a half hours of Hollywood entertainment.

If you're a noob to most games and the movie is why you're checking out the game, that's different. But don't think the game will be exactly like the movie, because the game came first.
    I truly understand in what your trying to say atomik_sprout, but there are good quality movies that has been created first timer and has been lucky that these producers did not made a crazy job out of it. There has to be some remake on the movies that has been made terrible of what we truly has been a favorite of ours, even in what the appearence may look like there should be a quality of time to simply make a suggestion to the whole production that way it does not turn into a bad job insight. Right?

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2