+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 3

Newbie jackpsp may be famous one day jackpsp may be famous one day jackpsp's Avatar
    Thanks

PlayStation 3

As you all know the PlayStation 3 just came out last Month. And I want to know your thoughts on it. For the most part would you buy one, why or why not.
    And if you have one do you like it, was it worth $500/600?
    (I'm thinking of getting one after school.)
    From the Diprashon of failure comes the strive for Success.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: PlayStation 3

Quote Originally Posted by jackpsp View Post
    As you all know the PlayStation 3 just came out last Month. And I want to know your thoughts on it. For the most part would you buy one, why or why not.
    And if you have one do you like it, was it worth $500/600?
    (I'm thinking of getting one after school.)
    I think the PS3 is a good (not great) system if you know how to get everything out of it. But to do that requires extensive knowledge of the system and other technologies, which most casual gamers do not have, which in turn is a disadvantage to Sony when it comes to selling it. Becuase the only way they can justify the $600 pricepoint is to capititalize on their technology buffs which most don't know how to exploit to the fullest extent(myself included). Also, another thing that bugs me is that Sony claimed that Blu Ray discs were an absolute necessity when it game to disc space, which has been disproven by the fact that 80% of the disc space for Resistance: Fall of Man was used for padding. Game developers use these files in order to push data to the outer edge of the disc were it can be read faster increasing load times. That proves that so far Blu Ray is not a necessity and most likely Resistance could have fit on a DVD 9 (what Xbox 360 uses, I think). Sony telling everyone that Blu Ray was a must have completely whent to shit when that information came out, and that will hurt its sales big time. Plus it has gotten very negative reviews by a lot of influential sources.

Bassically the PS3 is a bunch of great technology thrown together that should have been used 1 or 2 generations from now, and that is what makes it so unwanted. Even third party supporters have said that the PS3 is a bitch to make games for becuase of its complexity. While the Xbox 360 is a breeze to develop for, some have even said it's easier to develop games for than the PC, and that's saying something.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie Ichigokarate may be famous one day Ichigokarate may be famous one day Ichigokarate's Avatar
    Thanks

Ps3?

Why did they change the color of the PS3? I kind of liked it when it was silver. It also looks kind of different.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ps3?

they didn't actually change the color, it just that you get more choices.

Newbie Ichigokarate may be famous one day Ichigokarate may be famous one day Ichigokarate's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, so why does it look different? So do they all come in different forms too?

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

So far, with the games that have been released on both Xbox 360 and Ps3, the PS3 seems to be dissapointing me. The reason being is that the PS3 uses a high amount of bloom technology(which makes everything extremely bright), which isn't really needed, thus bleaching out the graphics a bit.

To see what I'm talking about, follow this link.

Xbox 360 Versus PlayStation 3 Graphics Comparison - Features at GameSpot

There are also comparison videos on gametrailers.com which shows the same amount of bloom.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its ok.... i am not going to buy one unless they figure out how to block all those virus, and make the trouble go away.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Ok i will move this to the sensory section where its best places.

~Moving~
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast