+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 57

Thread: PlayStation 3

  1. #25
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: PlayStation 3

    Time will just have to tell won't it? It always does.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  2. #26
    Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in a dark, lonely place
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: PlayStation 3

    I think the PS3 is going to surpass the Xbox 360 because it's free to play online, you don't have to buy anything extra just to play your game, and the games are so much cooler. The price is kindof steep although according to the company they are actually selling it a lower price than it cost to produce.

  3. #27
    Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    483
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: PlayStation 3

    The price is kindof steep although according to the company they are actually selling it a lower price than it cost to produce
    Can you actually link me to that? I've heard alot of third party sources say that but I've never actually seen Sony say that. I'll I've seen Sony say is that they should sell it for more (and for what it can do compaired to other similar devices, he is correct). I'd really love to see a Sony rep actually say they are losing money on PS3 sales for once. I personally don't entirely buy the 'losing money' thing until I hear it from them.

  4. #28
    Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Always where I'm not supposed to be.
    Posts
    538
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: PlayStation 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I don't plan on entering this discussion but I will take my time to laugh my ass off at this statement.

    Microsoft is more than able to handle both the Xbox as the Xbox360 at the same time.
    The reason they completely abandoned the product is so everyone would be forced to buy a 360.
    Then you won't mind if I laugh my ass off at this one? Of course Microsoft wants people to buy a 360, but that isn't the reason they stopped supporting it. There are two main reasons why this happened, 1: Microsoft wanted to be able to give the 360 their undivided attention, which will make it that much better. 2: The Xbox wasn't showing any real spectacular sales, like the PS2 for instance, so why would they continue to support a dead product? It's much more worth Microsoft's time to concentrate on their newer and more successful product to give everyone the best experience than to waste their time and resources, along with everyone else's on a product that isn't doing so swell. The only reason Sony continues to support the PS2 is becuase it is doing well in terms of sales (much better than the Xbox 1), if it wasn't Sony would have dropped it like it's hot. Microsoft is playing it smart by doing this. They'd much rather hold on to a nice, cold 360 than burn their hands holding onto the Xbox 1, if you know what I mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Can you actually link me to that? I've heard alot of third party sources say that but I've never actually seen Sony say that. I'll I've seen Sony say is that they should sell it for more (and for what it can do compaired to other similar devices, he is correct). I'd really love to see a Sony rep actually say they are losing money on PS3 sales for once. I personally don't entirely buy the 'losing money' thing until I hear it from them.
    Wow, you're not very good at staying informed? Practically anyone who has a computer knows that Sony is loosing $200-300 everytime they sell a PS3. With the 20gb version costing them the most. Blu Ray and a cell processor don't come cheap, the fact that they would loose money every sale they make is only common sense. You don't need an article to tell you that a cell processor, Blu Ray and all those other bells and whistles don't normally cost $600. Microsoft only just started making $75 a sale after a year of being in production, it will take Sony at least that long or more to get in the black (even). In order to break even now Sony would have to sell 30 games for every one console, and hardware sales were extremely minimal on launch (around 2% of everyone who bought a console also bought games, lol!) becuase anyone who bought one scalped it and wasn't really that interested in playing the games.

    Here's your article. Article

    Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Could you provide more then a link to a front page? Which article am I supposed to be reading?
    You're not suppose to be reading anything, you're suppose to be watching. How else do you compare visuals? Watch the list of videos on the bottom left of the screen. They are all HD comparisons of the 360 and PS3 graphics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    And your image...'classy'. If that's really the last word you can bring to your argument then I'm finished here. I have no intention of getting into a litteral 'your a poopy head' debate with you.
    Heh, I knew you would like it . Well, the image isn't really to say, "you're a poopy head", it's meant as a visual presentation as to how Sony treats their customers. But you may interpret it as you wish. Perhaps it does kind of present a "you're a poopy head" message, and I'm not going to ruin that for you .
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Dec 12, 2006 at 07:59 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

  5. #29
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: PlayStation 3

    Just out of curiosity, are you 8 years old? Because you seem like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    Then you won't mind if I laugh my ass off at this one? Of course Microsoft wants people to buy a 360, but that isn't the reason they stopped supporting it.
    Of course it is, it's Microsoft. Microsoft always stops supporting their product when they want to influence their customers purchasing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    Wow, you're not very good at staying informed? Practically anyone who has a computer knows that Sony is loosing $200-300 everytime they sell a PS3.
    ...
    Here's your article. Article
    Because a blog is the best place for acurate news. Your sources are based off of retail prices for the items and inflated ones at that. Sony makes their own parts. Not only don't they pay retail they don't even pay wholesale. Sony has never reported a loss on the PS3. Bloggers can conjecture all they want. It doesn't make it true.


    Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    But you may interpret it as you wish. Perhaps it does kind of present a "you're a poopy head" message, and I'm not going to ruin that for you .
    The poopy head arguement does not necessarily mean that someone poops on someone (though you have taken that to new levels). It means that someone dissagree's with you and your response is essentially, "Yeah well you're a poopy head". It is extreamly less then mature and it is pointless to talk to someone who uses it.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  6. #30
    Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    483
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: PlayStation 3

    From your Article:

    ony (SNE) will lose $241.35 on every PlayStation 3 game console it sells at $599, and $306.85 on every console it sells with a smaller hard drive at $499, according to an analysis of the component costs conducted by iSuppli, a research firm.
    Do you excel at not actually reading any comments anyone makes? I said right in my statement that there were a lot of third party people (read analysts) that have said they are losing money, you know like iSuppli from your article. I asked for a link where SONY, not some 'analyst', said they were losing money on every sale. Personally, i've read that they should be sellling the PS3 for $1000 just to break even on them. If that's the case, they are losing $400 per console. There's a lot of disagreement form all these 'experts' to the point I really don't put a lot of stock into what I read out there. Afterall, these are the same people who said no one would buy a system for $600 and that has been greatly disproven.

    People tend to forget that Sony MAKES hardware. It does not buy it from 3rd party sources. It costs much less to make your own then to buy it. For those key parts in the PS3 that they do not make, they have PARTNERED with IMB/Toshiba to make them. It's possible that IBM/Toshiba are getting a percentage of PS3 sales instead of selling individual parts. If that's the case, then those parts are being made wholesale as well. General rule of markup is to get a 100% increase, if possible. If that's the case, we may buy it retail for $600, but it would only cost Sony $150 - 300 to make it (Thay make it for 150 and sell it for 300. The Retailer buys it for 300 and sales it for 600. If there is no middle man then it may take them 300 to make it) I'm not saying this is the case, but it is very possible that Sony is not losing money BECAUSE they make their own hardware. It's what Sony does. Which is why I want to hear from Sony what they are making/losing per sale, not a thrid party analyst who is not 'in the know' of Sony's financials.

    The only thing Sony has officially said on the subject is that that they will take a loss in Q4 2006 because of PS3 production costs but expect to regain those losses in 2007 when they can start really saleing systems.

    You're not suppose to be reading anything, you're suppose to be watching. How else do you compare visuals? Watch the list of videos on the bottom left of the screen. They are all HD comparisons of the 360 and PS3 graphics.
    And? So it's my fault that you don't explain your sources that well? The homepage you sent me to had both text and video reviews everywhere. How am I supposed to know what you want to to read or view to support your case if you won't tell me. It's not my job to shuffle through your page to find your evidence to support your case.

    And according to your own earlier arguments...perhaps it's just their tv settings? If you have bothered to stay informed you would know that the PS3 looks best on 1080p televisions. If they are not using a 1080p then no, it won't look it's best. But that's not the PS3's fault, is it. It's just tv settings.

  7. #31
    Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in SD.
    Posts
    2,596
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Re: PlayStation 3

    at least this system will have better graphics and sound system much better than the old one, but doesnt have 4 players i prefer a 360 than this

  8. #32
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: PlayStation 3

    Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    at least this system will have better graphics and sound system much better than the old one, but doesnt have 4 players i prefer a 360 than this
    Actually according to the stats it supports up to seven controllers.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. PlayStation 3
    By kenchi18 in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2006, 11:13 AM
  2. For you all playstation 2 lovers
    By Manga artist in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2005, 04:22 PM
  3. Sony recalls PlayStation power adapters!!!
    By LenMiyata in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Sep 16, 2005, 01:03 PM
  4. Playstation 3 Speculations
    By BFmastermind in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2005, 02:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts