+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 3

Newbie Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: PlayStation 3

Sure, the PS3 may have better graphics, but the fact is a lot of the third party developers have become nervious and are beginning to change their minds about making PS3 exclusive games. For example, Assassin's Creed, a very well made Tenchu clone, was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, but now it will be released for Xbox 360 as well. And don't forget about Halo 3. When it comes out late next year, it is going to pan all of the compitition. I don't think even Metal Gear Solid 4 will be able to stand up to it. Sorry, but in my mind, the Xbox 360 has too much of a head start for Sony to be able to catch up to it.
    The trick is to know when to walk away and know when to run!!!

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Actually according to the stats it supports up to seven controllers.
    only if it online to the internet and you can connect to your friends at other places not in your home.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    Then you won't mind if I laugh my ass off at this one? Of course Microsoft wants people to buy a 360, but that isn't the reason they stopped supporting it. There are two main reasons why this happened, 1: Microsoft wanted to be able to give the 360 their undivided attention, which will make it that much better. 2: The Xbox wasn't showing any real spectacular sales, like the PS2 for instance, so why would they continue to support a dead product? It's much more worth Microsoft's time to concentrate on their newer and more successful product to give everyone the best experience than to waste their time and resources, along with everyone else's on a product that isn't doing so swell. The only reason Sony continues to support the PS2 is becuase it is doing well in terms of sales (much better than the Xbox 1), if it wasn't Sony would have dropped it like it's hot. Microsoft is playing it smart by doing this. They'd much rather hold on to a nice, cold 360 than burn their hands holding onto the Xbox 1, if you know what I mean.
    I see that Arianna has already shown you the error in your thoughts but allow me to reply too.

1) The Xbox wasn't "Dead". Microsoft made it "dead".
    2) It is a fact of course that the Xbox couldn't possibly compete with the PS2, it's a reasonable choice (from a business perspective) to drop it in favor of the 360.
    3) Please not that I'm not a fanboy for any system (you probably thought I was), I understand perfectly well that it was a deliberate choice. (A choice nintendo made too might I add.)

BUT

You can not get around the fact that they dropped the Xbox completely. The reasons were logical but that doesn't make it a whole lot of fun for the kids who can't pay for a 360 and are now completely screwed.

Conclusion:
    Your first reason is just fanboyism, "undivided attention" my ass.
    Do you realise how big Microsoft is?
    Your second reason is the truth but the fanboyism is rearing its ugly head again. Let's edit that line to a more truthful one:

2: The Xbox wasn't showing any real spectacular sales, like the PS2 for instance, so why would they continue to support a dead product? It's much more worth Microsoft's MONEY to concentrate on their newer and more successful product to MAKE MORE MONEY than to waste their time and resources, along with everyone else's on a product that isn't doing so swell. The only reason Sony continues to support the PS2 is because it is doing well in terms of sales (much better than the Xbox), if it wasn't Sony would have dropped it like it's hot. Microsoft is playing it smart by doing this. They'd much rather hold on to a nice, cold 360 than burn their hands holding onto the Xbox, if you know what I mean.
    See my tiny edits?
    And don't think I'm just accusing Microsoft. This is business, business is war, both Sony and Microsoft are after Profits, not the well-being of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    only if it online to the internet and you can connect to your friends at other places not in your home.
    ?
    I'm affraid you're wrong.
    7 different Bleutooth appliances can be connected to a single PS3. Whether they are all controllers is up to you.
    Last edited by Hassun; Dec 13, 2006 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

to me its not that serious. i mean people killling, robbing, hijacking, etc just to get it. and spend 700$ on it? hell naw. i'll wait till next year when the price is lower or in 08. it's that big of a deal to me. although i am pissed tekken 6 is on the system. dammit!

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    to me its not that serious. i mean people killling, robbing, hijacking, etc just to get it. and spend 700$ on it? hell naw. i'll wait till next year when the price is lower or in 08. it's that big of a deal to me. although i am pissed tekken 6 is on the system. dammit!
    $700? Add a couple of thousand to that number.
    Tekken has always been released on the playstation, are you surprised?

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

a guy got mugged in a parking lot for 100grand, and he beated a game on the 360 which was madden, and he could have gotten himself a 360, ps3, psp. but nope he forgot to write his name on the line lol

Newbie unsweetromance may be famous one day unsweetromance may be famous one day unsweetromance's Avatar
    Thanks

well ps3 is worth it...coz its graphic is good.i cant imagine coz in ps2 the graphics is fantastic but now they have realeased a newer and greater version of ps2...but ill stick to XBOX360 and hardcore musics.......

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the PS3 is a must for anyone who's into RPG's or FPS's and don't have a computer. I'm betting there will be some kick *ss games from both categories not long after the PS3's launch...

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast