+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 3

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: PlayStation 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen View Post
    I think the PS3 is a must for anyone who's into RPG's or FPS's and don't have a computer. I'm betting there will be some kick *ss games from both categories not long after the PS3's launch...
    Considering my permanent game collection could be dubbed 'the square soft collection" I fully agree with you. The Xbox does not have a single RPG that I have enjoyed. I"m just not into the D&D based RPG games, so the PS3 is an absolute MUST for me.

Besides, I just really like the 1st/3rd party games for the PS3. Everything from the SquareEnix RPG's, Jak, Sly, and Castlevania...i'm pretty happy with the lineup I know is comming soon.

No disrespect for the 360/Wii, but they just don't have the software titles I enjoy enough to pay retail price for a machine.

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

I say go for it, even tho im not buyin one now, it costs too much but by next year or some time the price will drop and I'll be all over the PS3, I played it today at Best Buy and almost went crazy over tha amazing graphics and gameplay.

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Just like rock, I'm gonna wait a while until I purchase the system. Less chance of buying an expensive system with a flaw in it When I get myself a PS3, we're talking about a stable 2nd or 3rd generation console with a price more suitable to my own personal budget

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

I was reluctant to post in this thread at first because no matter where you go on the internet, whenever you bring up a next gen console it immediately turns into an unnecessary and massive fanboy war. Luckily it hasn't come to that....yet, although I'm seeing at least one blatant fanboy.

Anyways, I was one of the fortunate ones to get one on launch, in fact 3 60gb systems on launch and a 20gb a few weeks later. I've only bought Resistance: Fall of Man so far and might get Madden after Christmas. TBH so far the system hasn't been worth its $600 price tag, but what new console system is at launch? That initial price you're paying for a system at or near launch day is for its potential, and so far with the game lineups I've read up on, Sony's appears to be the most attractive to ME. And some of the top-tier games should be coming soon with Lair, Motorstorm, and Heavenly Sword coming to the US in Spring 07, so it won't be long till we get to see the PS3 do its thing. In fact I've played the Motorstorm demo a lot after downloading it and it's by far one of the funner racing games I've played in a long time.

If you're in no rush, which it sounds like many of you aren't, I'd probably wait till Spring if you want to have better games to choose from or next Fall when you see the AAA titles like MGS4 and FFXIII coming out. Right now, unless you have to have the newest gadget out there or feel the need to impress everybody on your block, I'd probably say wait.

And also another thing to note, if you don't have a HDTV TV with your console hooked up via component/HDMI cables you probably want to consider getting one first before moving onto next gen console, with exception to the Wii. While you will see a notable graphical upgrade even with your basic CRT TV, the visual upgrade on an HDTV displaying at 720p or 1080p will be putting your next gen console to much better use.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, just found something very interesting indeed that might further support the rumor of no PS4. Phil Harrison, Sony's president of World Wide Studios has said that the PS3 will never be "maxed out" becuase it will be constantly updated. If the system will never be maxed out in terms of what it can do then what reason is there to make a PS4? This means that instead of making another console when the next-next gen roles around there will be a constant flow of updates instead. I smell death for PCs .Read for yourselves.

"Companies love to brag about how their latest-and-greatest release pushes hardware farther than anything before it. Gears of War was the last time we'd heard such remarks, but Sony's President of Worldwide Studios Phil Harrison, who has become a treasure trove of precious PR statements destined for ridicule, believes PlayStation 3 will never be maxed out. Speaking to MTV, he said "nobody will ever use 100 percent of its capability" due to firmware upgrades and new uses for the Sixaxis controller."

Here's the full article link. Enjoy.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

So what? How does the ability to upgrade the system without having to replace the hardware mean that there will not be a PS4? Company release says otherwise. Some times rumors... are just rumors.
    PS4 In 2010 Claims Sony. Major PS3 Upgrades In Between
    A PS4 will be launched by Sony but not until at least 2010 claims the Vice President of Technology for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Paul Holman.
    I will agree that it will impact PC game sales since I know several serious PC gamers who swore they would never go console who are buying it. Their only concern is whether it will support a mouse and keyboard.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo-'s Avatar
    Thanks

ya im not going to purchase my Playstation 3 till next year. I am waiting for Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The patriots which I belive will be a huge selling game for the PS3

Im also probably going to get other titles such as Devil May cry 4, Tekken, and can't forget about killzone 2

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, me and my brothers went out and bought the PS3, and they seem to like the xbox 360 ever since that silly HD thingy. I lost touch really. idk.

o.o

But I heard it over heats to fast too.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast