+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 12

Thread: Podcast: Like or Don't Like Them

  1. #1
    Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Goleta, CA
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts

    Podcast: Like or Don't Like Them

    This thread is about podcasts, and why you either like or dislike them. I have been thinking about this for a while because up until last year, I never really had a working internet connection, and so when I discovered podcasts, I never really knew this media existed, and so I was wondering how do you feel about them. I really like podcasts because it gives me a chance to listen to how anime has affected others and the different types of fandom involved with anime, I mean I learned about the death of Toonami from the podcasts, and how they felt about it dying like it did. the three shows I listen to are Anime World Order (all around anime, especially older anime that I would have never heard of unless I didn't hear this show), SHAFT(more modern anime), and Fast Karate for the gentlemen (awesomely bad anime), because I like how each of these podcast are different from one another in it that they each cover a thing that I enjoy about anime. But how do you feel about podcast, are theY informative, do you enjoy them, or do you think that they are a waste of time, I am not saying for you to write a list of you fav's (but if you want to then go right ahead and do so), just about how you feel about them.

  2. #2
    Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Posts
    3,118
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts

    Re: Podcast: Like or Don't Like Them

    i have yet to listen to a podcast but its the latest thing to
    have the internet for infact i have been thinking about trying
    podcast myself it sounds interesting.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

  3. #3
    Newbie Francis is off to a good start Francis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Pacific
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Podcast: Like or Don't Like Them

    I like Podcasts. They're like regular radio shows, only this time on demand. My life has gotten busy as of late, so I think it's rather convienient to be able to listen to my favorite radio shows in my own time.
    If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?


    Sig courtesy of kittypurrrrfect

  4. #4
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Podcast: Like or Don't Like Them

    That depends on the Podcast. In general, I like the idea. However, I do not listen to them that often. Dunno ... Just listening to something is boring, if it's not music. I'd rather watch a video.
    But again, there have been quite a few interesting ones where I do take my time to listen to them.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  5. #5
    Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,172
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    Re: Podcast: Like or Don't Like Them

    i have a couple podcasts, the video podcasts are the best. Plus it's a lot of free content with a lot of cool stuff usually. I mean if you didn't like them or got tired of the ones you had, you can unsubscribe whenever and delete what you don't want. Podcasts are win-win.

  6. #6
    Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my way back to Philadelphia
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Podcast: Like or Don't Like Them

    Podcasting. . . .
    For posting on the internet as in sharing something with the entire world, I think it's a useful an expensive thing to do.
    And definitely it's a lot less censored, and very much loosely criticized (unless within it there exists some sort of purpose and not a reason to bring people to your site primarily)

    For other non internet themed projects, I think it is useful but the act of sharing something with a group of friends, the whole world, or some web based community, is getting easier and easier every few months or so.

    Err. . . . to actually answer your question I like Onion News podcasts.

  7. #7
    Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Goleta, CA
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: Podcast: Like or Don't Like Them

    Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    i have yet to listen to a podcast but its the latest thing to
    have the internet for infact i have been thinking about trying
    podcast myself it sounds interesting.
    The cool thing about is that it is free, the bad thing through is that anyone
    could do it so you have to scope different pods in order to see which is the best fit for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    I like Podcasts. They're like regular radio shows, only this time on demand. My life has gotten busy as of late, so I think it's rather convienient to be able to listen to my favorite radio shows in my own time.
    Same thing here, that is why I tried it and liked it because I am out of the house alot and so I have time to listen to these and music. also I like the fact that I get someone elses opinion about a show that I have seen or not and even hear about shows that I never would have found.

    Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    That depends on the Podcast. In general, I like the idea. However, I do not listen to them that often. Dunno ... Just listening to something is boring, if it's not music. I'd rather watch a video.
    But again, there have been quite a few interesting ones where I do take my time to listen to them.
    That is why it is cool because even if it can get boring, it is fun to hear people disagree about something, or hear about a topic that most people won't talk about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    i have a couple podcasts, the video podcasts are the best. Plus it's a lot of free content with a lot of cool stuff usually. I mean if you didn't like them or got tired of the ones you had, you can unsubscribe whenever and delete what you don't want. Podcasts are win-win.
    Agree, even through I have not seen a vidcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Podcasting. . . .
    For posting on the internet as in sharing something with the entire world, I think it's a useful an expensive thing to do.
    And definitely it's a lot less censored, and very much loosely criticized (unless within it there exists some sort of purpose and not a reason to bring people to your site primarily)

    For other non internet themed projects, I think it is useful but the act of sharing something with a group of friends, the whole world, or some web based community, is getting easier and easier every few months or so.

    Err. . . . to actually answer your question I like Onion News podcasts.
    Like I said before in this post, that is why it is fun and entertaining to listen to, not to mention that the casts are rated, that is why I listen to the nonexplicit cast to get a more serious input on anime. then you have the explict casts that go into two groups, the first being in good fun and supposed to be taken as comedy. the other being comedic, but then getting heated with discussions about topics, even hearing heated rants that also makes it good (most of the time).

    I never heard of that cast might check it out, thanks.

  8. #8
    Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York.
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: Podcast: Like or Don't Like Them

    Never had the time to watch one, However based on the previous answers I believe that I would enjoy seeing one If I had the time.
    They do seem interesting, in my opinion. Maybe If I get time.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. We should podcast
    By Cybergig1 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Sep 23, 2005, 09:06 PM
  2. Anime & Manga Podcast (Radio Show)
    By Reala in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2005, 06:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts