+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black/White

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Pokemon Black/White

I just got Pokemon White two days ago. I'm lovin' it! Best Pokemon game EVER! I feel confused about dealing with nothing but all new Pokemon but, the graphics, the music, gameplay, etc. I'm impressed!

Does anybody else have this game? What's your opinion?

Newbie Clay Gardell is off to a good start Clay Gardell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pokemon Black/White

I was gonna buy it, but after I played Diamond and Pearl, my expectations have gone down on the games. I think they are running out of good ideas.
    ~"Only a heart can be shattered into so many pieces..."~

Newbie wigglypuff is off to a good start wigglypuff's Avatar
    Thanks

just finished the game...
    it was nice, but i sometimes get bored of leveling up my pokemons...
    -------------
    All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff. - Frank Zappa
    wigsalon.com
    ------------

Otaku carasume is off to a good start carasume's Avatar
    Thanks

neah, i dont hav the game but i think itz waay different from the other games :/ im thinkin about buyin it but not so sure, plus id hav ta learn all ov the NEW pokemon cuz they r different now XP and i alredy kno all of the original pokemon '~' *sigh* this will be fun, learnin while playin :/
    Death is interesting

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got both Black and White versions. I got them the day they came out, and I'm still loving them. They are definitely the best Pokemon releases from an objective standpoint. The graphics, the storyline, the music, the presentation, it's all top notch. The only reason these games aren't my favorite Pokemon games are because I'm a victim of childhood nostalgia, and I have a soft spot for the first 150 or 250, as well as characters like Brock, syndicates like Team Rocket, and cities like Saffron.

Honestly though, anyone who is a fan of Pokemon for it's content and gameplay, and not just because it's Pokemon, seriously needs to play Black and White.

PM me if you want my friend code for trades and battles. I can get my hands on some older Pokes if wanted.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mega For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Apr 18, 2011)

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I got pokemon black, the first pokemon game I've seriously played since the original Red version, and I've quite liked it. I gave up on pokemon after the third gen, and from what I've been told, the latest games have been quite an improvement to gens III and IV. Since I've only really played Red before I'll break down what I'm glad they improved:

-extra challenges: after the first time you defeat the Elite in Red, the only thing left to do was to go to that cave near Cerulean City to go catch Mewtwo and a few other pokemon not previously available. (and replay the Elite Four of course) When it came to training pokemon up to lvl. 100, it became really tough and boring cuz the Elite Four was basically the only way you could do that. While I have a feeling at some point the Elite Four will also be one of the better ways to train and get money in Black, I know there's for sure other options out there.

- reusable TMs / redo of items storage: a real pain in the first game was you could only carry 20 items (which was pretty generous) but what really sucked is that all those precious TMs could only be used once. Organizing items has helped make the game a lot more enjoyable and manageable, but also easier to build teams with certain moves.

- type balance: now just type balance but pokemon balance in general has vastly improved. I was a legend junkie in the first one over half my team were legendaries and you always knew which team would beat anything else, it was so clear cut. Psychics were completely invincible too, it was just undeveloped. That's come a long way now, though a lot of my original team are still good choices, there's more strategy involved, and there's no one type that can defeat all.

-online/infrared: this is more of a technology thing, back then wireless internet was basically unheard of, but I'm glad just how far and how appropriate nintendo took trading and battling on an international level. I still trade most with my close friends, but it's cool finding fellow fans online to trade and battle against online as well.

I do have a few gripes with the new one however. The story and characters flat out sucks. The plot was pretty simplistic in Red granted, but at least you had a much better feel of who you didn't like. Your rival was a dick, Team Rocket actually seemed like a threat, and the difficulty of the puzzles plus great battles gave the game a great feeling of depth for the time. The new story feels greatly recycled except now your rivals are more like friends, Team Plasma is about as intimidating as Magikarp, and the game favored graphics over challenging puzzles. A lot of it is probably an age thing, this game is largely targeted at kids, but it still feels watered down. Even the dialogue, god, I just want to stab my eyes out every time I actually pay attention to it, it's like you live in this weird world where everyone, including the "bad" guys, are polite as hell. I have some other dislikes, but by far the plot, story, and dialogue has impressed me the least.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Apr 18, 2011)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    They are definitely the best Pokemon releases from an objective standpoint. The graphics, the storyline, the music, the presentation, it's all top notch.
    I can agree with all of what you said, except I'm not far enough to be able to tell you if the story is what "top notch" should be. So far, I don't think Team Plasma is anything like Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, or Galactic. Too cryptic and mythical for my Poke-antagonist tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega
    Honestly though, anyone who is a fan of Pokemon for it's content and gameplay, and not just because it's Pokemon, seriously needs to play Black and White.
    Preach on, brother! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    I do have a few gripes with the new one however. The story and characters flat out sucks. The plot was pretty simplistic in Red granted, but at least you had a much better feel of who you didn't like. Your rival was a dick, Team Rocket actually seemed like a threat, and the difficulty of the puzzles plus great battles gave the game a great feeling of depth for the time. The new story feels greatly recycled except now your rivals are more like friends, Team Plasma is about as intimidating as Magikarp, and the game favored graphics over challenging puzzles. A lot of it is probably an age thing, this game is largely targeted at kids, but it still feels watered down. Even the dialogue, god, I just want to stab my eyes out every time I actually pay attention to it, it's like you live in this weird world where everyone, including the "bad" guys, are polite as hell. I have some other dislikes, but by far the plot, story, and dialogue has impressed me the least.
    I like the characters (save Team Plasma). I do have gripes about Plasma. Mostly because they have this futuristic name (much like Rocket and Galactic) but they're wearing... CHAIN MAIL??? WHY??? >_<

I miss having a dick for a rival. That's something that hasn't been seen since Ruby/Sapphire (I think). Since then, your rival is your friend. Heart Gold/Soul Silver are pretty close to how Red and Blue (Or, Green in Japan) were, so that's cool. But anyway, I think Black/White are still pretty good, despite the small things that are wrong with it.

I just utilized the Pokemon Dreamworld at: Pokémon Global Link and imported my first Pokemon that I met there in to my party (a Stantler). That feature is pretty awesome.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I just utilized the Pokemon Dreamworld at: Pokémon Global Link and imported my first Pokemon that I met there in to my party (a Stantler). That feature is pretty awesome.
    Yeah it's pretty cool, and all o the dream world Pokemon have an ability they don't normally have. Blaziken with the Speed Boost ability instead of Blaze, for example. I've also been doing a lot of the free and ranked battles. Really adds replay value.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast