+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Online: MMORPG

Newbie Haris2 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Smile Pokemon Online: MMORPG

Official Website Pokémon Online - Home

Screenshots:

Currently v0.6 BETA is available to the public. You can download it HERE.

Overview:
    Pokemon Online (POL) is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) that involves quests, player personalisation, persistent NPCs, sparring and general exploration. Players will have the ability to train and catch pokemon while battling other trainers online in real-time. The POL game is closely based on the original Pokemon Gameboy games, with most of the traditional elements remaining intact. The POL enviroment is completely 2D and replicates the graphics used in the original games. The POL MMORPG has the ability to support hundreds and even thousands of simultaneously connected players. This means that you will interact in a vast virtual world, with many kingdoms and quests, with players from all over the world.

The POL game has no end, it just keeps evolving. POL has many quests, events, tools for building new content and personalising your character, games within the game, chat, forums and much more. POL has been a prominent part of the Pokémon fandom since 1999. Beyond providing the fundamentals of any MMORPG - a dedicated team, a fantastic forum community, and professionalism, Pokemon Online has made for itself a mission. Pokemon Online seeks to involve the community wherever possible.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pokemon Online: MMORPG

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Online game topic....

Moving to Sensory Pleasures Forum...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW i havetn played pokemon in so long but this actually looks cool im gonna have to check this out
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

!

This is amazing. I just wish that it didn't have all the gay newer Pokemon, that's what really ruined the whole Pokemon experience for me. They stopped giving them good names and settles with a giraffe like pokemon called "Girafarig"? What the heck is that.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I just beat FireRed, So I am SO playing this.

Why didn't they think of this sooner?

EDIT

Couldn't connect to the server, and Nintendo is most likely going to shut this down.

EDIT 2.0

Finally got connected, the game isn't even finished, its just a big field, the console slows the game down because everyone's moving and talking triggers a message on it, so its just a constant stream of text.
    Last edited by aceman67; Mar 04, 2007 at 12:13 PM.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

There's basically nothing to it at the moment, all the characters looks the same and the battle system sucks... also there aren't any towns or anything.

Newbie Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm so going to try this, do u actually play this online? like not having to buy the game? if so sweet. i'm going to try it!
    By Heartless_mage

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

2 things I'd like to point out.

1.Nintendo specifcally said they wouldn't make a Pokemon MMORPG because it would never work right, specifically in terms of the community(spammers, loot stealers, bad players, bad language, etc)

2.Going from number one, I have to ask...was this game developed or published by Nintendo? And did Nintendo give them the rights to make this game? If not, then they're in for a big surprise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast