+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Prince of Persia Movie

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Prince of Persia Movie

I don't know if anyone has seen the new trailer for the Prince of Persia movie, but I thought it didn't look half bad, and I'm usually a large critic/skeptic of video game movies:

YouTube - Prince Of Persia Movie Trailer HQ 2010 -The Sands Of Time-

I've been a huge fan of the Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy, so maybe it's just my inner fanboy speaking, but I think it has potential to be a half-way decent film adaptation. What are you thoughts?

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Prince of Persia Movie

That movie looks sexy, it will probably lead to a trilogy to make movie adapts of the other games. They should have used someone else for the lead. =/

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

My thoughts are that if Hallywood stuck to the actual story and events properly in all their movies based off of games they would be rolling in it. But no, they have to be "creative".
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I saw the previews and it looks so awesome. Halo should be next. Can't wait to get back to america and see these movies when they come out.

Newbie firstborn is off to a good start firstborn's Avatar
    Thanks

Judgeing by the preview this could be a decent movie(or it could bomb horribly, previews are great at telling you jack all about a movie), seems similar to the game with some 'creative changes'. All though honestly if they stuck to the game exact you would end up with a man running around a palace monologing for an hour and a half
    See now the game is historically inaccurate, because unlike feudal Japan, modern day France does not have any flying demonic stingrays. . . well, hardly any.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Yeah I saw the previews and it looks so awesome. Halo should be next. Can't wait to get back to America and see these movies when they come out.
    Please, no.
    Didn't they already begin that and then stop it? Either way, I honestly don't think it would work out, even with today's technology. It's probably best to stay with the games.

Prince of Persia, on the other hand, looks promising.
    Because it's more storytelling and not all "Pew-Pew-Pew!"...
    But that's my humble opinion.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

yeck, agreed Halo should be left the hell alone. It's story is subpar at best, Halo's always been about multiplayer gameplay, and almost nothing on story.

I figured they'd have to change the Prince of Persia's story a little bit, but hopefully they don't skew it so much that its only resemblance to the game's story is the title. I thought for a video game adaptation, the effects won't be great, but definitely better than average for a live-action adaptation. I just hope they don't overdue the effects so much that it looks cheesy, the trailer scares me a bit in that respect.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

hopefully it will be a good movie, and I thought if they ever were to make this movie, orlando bloom would be the lead.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast