+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ps3

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ps3

Personally, I love my PS3. I find it works quite well and that SONY improves it's functionality quite a bit through the regular firmware upgrade. The system just keeps getting better with each upgrade cycle.

I bought my PS3 for the backwards compatibility. I did not want the 80 gig "emulation" model, I wanted the real PS2 chip inside my PS3. I have far to many PS/PS2 games to lose to take the chance that SONY will think Emulating my favorite game is a high priority of theirs.

PS3's sell themselves. THey are awesome systems that haven't even hit their stride yet. Look at the PS2. It's STILL outselling all the 'next gen' consoles and is comming out with rock solid games even though the PS3 is here. But instead of SONY being given credit for supporting their entire fanbase (unlike MS and Nentendo) they are getting the 'black eye' treatment because they have no 'good games' on the PS3. So, which would you rather have? A compnay that gives you God Of War 2 for the PS2 or one for the PS2, even though it would look slightly better then a PS2 game (perhaps) and cost $20 more? And yet SONY has done that with a multitude of their best games...they've released them for PS2 and not PS3. So, let's deamonize SONY for thinking of their entire customer fanbase instead of being "fantastic" like MS and Nentendo for making really crappy Xbox 360 and Wii games that look and play just as good on the Xbox and Gamecube.

The PS3 will come into it's own. The PS2 did and it's line up of launch games really SUCKED! The PS3 does more out of the box then the PS2 did and it's even a really awesome Blu-Ray player (and one of the cheapest around. It's a pretty decent Multimedia player out of the box and if your a prime computer geek like I am it even makes a great linux box.

It's worth it's $600 bucks. well worth $600 and for those of you who feel otherwise, just wait until MGS4, FFXIII +, and all the SONY lables get on the ball. The PS3 will do just fine.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Personally, I love my PS3. I find it works quite well and that SONY improves it's functionality quite a bit through the regular firmware upgrade. The system just keeps getting better with each upgrade cycle.

I bought my PS3 for the backwards compatibility. I did not want the 80 gig "emulation" model, I wanted the real PS2 chip inside my PS3. I have far to many PS/PS2 games to lose to take the chance that SONY will think Emulating my favorite game is a high priority of theirs.

PS3's sell themselves. They are awesome systems that haven't even hit their stride yet. Look at the PS2. It's STILL outselling all the 'next gen' consoles and is coming out with rock solid games even though the PS3 is here. But instead of SONY being given credit for supporting their entire fanbase (unlike MS and Nintendo) they are getting the 'black eye' treatment because they have no 'good games' on the PS3. So, which would you rather have? A company that gives you God Of War 2 for the PS2 or one for the PS3, even though it would look slightly better than a PS2 game (perhaps) and cost $20 more? And yet SONY has done that with a multitude of their best games...they've released them for PS2 and not PS3. So, let's demonise SONY for thinking of their entire customer fanbase instead of being "fantastic" like MS and Nintendo for making really crappy Xbox 360 and Wii games that look and play just as good on the Xbox and Gamecube.

The PS3 will come into it's own. The PS2 did and it's line up of launch games really SUCKED! The PS3 does more out of the box then the PS2 did and it's even a really awesome Blu-Ray player (and one of the cheapest around. It's a pretty decent Multimedia player out of the box and if your a prime computer geek like I am it even makes a great linux box.

It's worth it's $600 bucks. well worth $600 and for those of you who feel otherwise, just wait until MGS4, FFXIII +, and all the SONY labels get on the ball. The PS3 will do just fine.
    Dang it sucks us Europeans never got a PS3 with the emotion chip in it. I too have a large amount of PS2 games and the backwards compatibility is important to me just as it was for the PS2.
    I do agree that Sony has just been the target of overzealous negative internet hype. They surely deserve some of the critiques but not nearly the amount that they're actually submitted to.
    I'm having more than enough good times with my PS2 and it'll probably stay that way until one of the new generation consoles gets the games I really want.

Newbie Sasaki Fox is off to a good start
    Thanks

Ugh,

When did you guys buy your ps3? I got mines like in August for my birthday. Just wondering should we all add each other on our PSN? or have a thread where people who have a PSN can post it there? well w/e btw what games are you guys playing for your ps3 atm? Did any you guys play Resistance Fall of man?

PS3 ID: Sasaki_Fox

Newbie hendo24 is off to a good start
    Thanks

hey i had a xbox 360 and WAY too many games lol then traded it for a ps3 and some games ^_^ is it really that good online? i havent bothered going online with it yet! so far ive got motorstorm,ridgeracer,virtual fighter,fight night,colin mcrey,transformers,that ninja gaiden thingy, but there all just passing the time untill final fantasy comes out! omg i cant wait! got to get a big HD TV first though to appretiate it to the fullest! if anyone has any recommendations for games please i would be so grateful! currently waiting for juiced 2.

ps3 is so great but really how annoying is it to be waiting for a game then its released on xbox 360 and then delayed for the ps3!
    50% Shinigami
    50% Hollow
    100% Vizard

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

i have not yet got the ps3 im just waiting untill christmas time because im hopping they might go down a little bit because they are just a little bit to high in price for my budget at the moment what games would you reccomend getting for a newcommer ?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post

PS3's sell themselves. THey are awesome systems that haven't even hit their stride yet. Look at the PS2. It's STILL outselling all the 'next gen' consoles and is comming out with rock solid games even though the PS3 is here. But instead of SONY being given credit for supporting their entire fanbase (unlike MS and Nentendo) they are getting the 'black eye' treatment because they have no 'good games' on the PS3. So, which would you rather have? A compnay that gives you God Of War 2 for the PS2 or one for the PS2, even though it would look slightly better then a PS2 game (perhaps) and cost $20 more? And yet SONY has done that with a multitude of their best games...they've released them for PS2 and not PS3. So, let's deamonize SONY for thinking of their entire customer fanbase instead of being "fantastic" like MS and Nentendo for making really crappy Xbox 360 and Wii games that look and play just as good on the Xbox and Gamecube.

It's worth it's $600 bucks. well worth $600 and for those of you who feel otherwise, just wait until MGS4, FFXIII +, and all the SONY lables get on the ball. The PS3 will do just fine.
    Yeah, PS3s would sell themselves better if they were cheaper. I paid $275 for mine. ^_^ I hear that they just released a 20gb PS3 in Europe that'll sell for about $300-$400 here in the US. That's cool, but I like my 60gb.

No "good games"??? You're crazy!! The PS3 has most of the good games in the market so far. Genjin: Days of the Blade, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Resistance: Fall of Man, etc. Those games are games that will keep you hooked for hours/days with no sleep or food. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Fox View Post
    Ugh,

When did you guys buy your ps3? I got mines like in August for my birthday. Just wondering should we all add each other on our PSN? or have a thread where people who have a PSN can post it there? well w/e btw what games are you guys playing for your ps3 atm? Did any you guys play Resistance Fall of man?
    I bought mine 2 weeks ago. I still haven't set up my PSN name yet, because I'm hardly home enough to play. But that'll change in a week. I'm gettin' a new game. ^_^ Resistance: Fall of Man is AWESOME!! Kinda like Gears of War, but more detailed. I can't wait to get my own copy. I'm also waiting on Metal Gear Solid 4! That's gonna be the best PS3 game EVER!!! I've seen so many previews and screenshots... I could cry just thinking about it. It's gonna bring closure to EVER Metal Gear game created and I hear it's the last game that series creator, Hideo Kojima will be participating in. Which means there will probably be no more Metal Gear. T_T Speaking of Metal Gear, anyone here play Ac!d or Portable Ops? Those are some good games. I've got all three.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

i want a ps3 but do i have that kind of money....no i don't i'm just waiting for the price to go down. i mean when the ps2 came out i wait for the price to go down. i got mine 2 years ago. and i heard this from a friends dad that you should wait for awhile after new systems come out cause you know that there are going to be bugs!!!....T.T i have to wait though even if they do have bug...and besides they don't have any games i want to play that much....

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4