+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ps3 Information Help Please

Otaku SasukePorter is off to a good start
    Thanks

Ps3 Information Help Please

ok im geting a ps3 in 2 week and anyof the ao faimly that have ps3's please help me im geting the 80gigibite and wat else do i need like is there some special device u need to make the ps3 like adding more space and stuff and can u put bg on your ps3 layout and is it true if u do the fan test that you could damage your system and if u know anymore information please do tell me thank u
    Dont Be A Fool Be The Leader & Live Your Life

Haha Never Let The Bad Bring You Down

Otaku Lenne may be famous one day Lenne may be famous one day Lenne's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ps3 Information Help Please

I am running a Nyko intercooler...
    Mine runs fine but the Nyko fan is annoying as hell!
    Also if you are looking for backwards compatibility!
    The first release systems the 20gb and 60gb have
    full backwards compatibility! the 40gb has none and
    the 80 has about 80% I got lucky and bought the 60gb!
    You can buy a new 2.5mm hd.. IT MUST BE A NOTEBOOK
    HARD DRIVE! other than that can't say much! hopefully
    you have a good HDTV and remember to get good cables!
    If you have any other questions just ask! I'll try to help
    as much as I possibly can! I have read Sony has confirmed
    that the fan test can damage your console! I also have
    heard that it doesn't damage you console whatsoever!

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Huh? The one who started the thread is banned, i dunno if he can come back to read our replies but here it is anyway....

Lenne basically said it all, i'm just here to emphasize on random stuff. As far as i know it the fan test is harmful to your unit. A friend of mine tried it and it produced a really noisy sound that basically tells you that something wrong is going on. As of now his ps3 still works well but who knows, the problem might appear in the long run. I haven't tried it myself and there's little chance in hell that i would. I don't even know its purpose and it's not even written in the manual. I'm the kind of guy who sticks with the manual(ah yeah except for my psp) so i'm gonna tell you to stick with it if you want a perfectly working unit. Unless you're trying to devoid your warranty don't do more than you need to. If you're having trouble with your console, it's always best to consult your manual or the sony guys.

Oh yeah...Are you gonna run it on SD or HD? I'm playing on an HDtv and i have to say that it's a stunner, hopefully you already own one. But then again, SD is good enough and HD is just an option if you wanna take your games to a higher level.

Otaku Lenne may be famous one day Lenne may be famous one day Lenne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    Huh? The one who started the thread is banned, i dunno if he can come back to read our replies but here it is anyway....

Lenne basically said it all, i'm just here to emphasize on random stuff. As far as i know it the fan test is harmful to your unit. A friend of mine tried it and it produced a really noisy sound that basically tells you that something wrong is going on. As of now his ps3 still works well but who knows, the problem might appear in the long run. I haven't tried it myself and there's little chance in hell that i would. I don't even know its purpose and it's not even written in the manual. I'm the kind of guy who sticks with the manual(ah yeah except for my psp) so i'm gonna tell you to stick with it if you want a perfectly working unit. Unless you're trying to devoid your warranty don't do more than you need to. If you're having trouble with your console, it's always best to consult your manual or the sony guys.

Oh yeah...Are you gonna run it on SD or HD? I'm playing on an HDtv and i have to say that it's a stunner, hopefully you already own one. But then again, SD is good enough and HD is just an option if you wanna take your games to a higher level.
    I am running on HD with sony HDMI cables... The guy was saying something about how monster cables are better but I said Sony Playstation 3 I'll use the Sony HDMI cables... The picture in HD is stunning, but unfortunately my TV is only 1080i.... Although I think most games are only 720p.. I might be wrong or at least most the older games were, but I plan on getting a 1080p TV soon!!
    Last edited by Lenne; May 15, 2008 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks

ummmmmm

ok i think i got it

but is there a way to mess up the system just by puting in a game of some sort like it says that the 40 gig wont play ps2 games i wonted to know if that game u put in it mess up or mess with the stystem???

and i did get banded but im back

Thanks

A 40 gig ps3 doesn't have ps2 compatibility. As far as i know it, there's no way that you could tinker with it to play ps2 games. It just simply lacks the appropriate hardware. I own a 60 so i don't know the possible scenarios that could happen if you try to run a ps2 game with a 40, i don't think that doing so would mess up the game and the system itself. There's no point in doing it anyway...

Thanks

ok is there a way to take a ps3 appart like if the scaner inside that scanes the disk wat if it gets dusty is there a way to fix that or just send it back to the company???

Thanks

Taking the ps3 apart -just like its older cousins- voids your warranty. Before thinking of the cure, think about the prevention, your console won't get dusted anyway if you're taking good care of it...You don't want to make a cutting edge console end up looking like Uncle Fester's closet, now do you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast