+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Psp

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Psp

I'm thinking of buying a PSP. Not because I'm not happy with my DS, but because I'm finding myself with less and less time for home systems and putting nearly all of my time into handhelds. I have a pretty heavy commute (1.5-2 hours every day on a ferry) and spend quite a bit of time travelling while my "Downtime" at home is pretty full of other things.

But there's really only one game on PSP that I'm dying to play: Silent Hill Origins.

So here's your chance. Convince me... one way or the other.

Have a PSP? Love it? Tell me why and recommend me some good games. Hate it? Why?

Newbie rentonthurston27 is off to a good start rentonthurston27's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Psp

hay I have 1 it is a good handheld especialy if u dont have a mp3 player and one good game for it will be final fantasy tactics if u like adventure like me hope I helped

here is a bit of info you all should know. Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything. dont let the little details run your life. when your down just keep on moving.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rentonthurston27 View Post
    good game for it will be final fantasy tactics if u like adventure
    Only... I've already played it on PS1 :P Hardly seems like a dealbreaker game.

Current Shopping list ~> Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, Silent Hill Origins

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had my PSP since the first week it came out and I must say its amazing. I never leave home without it.

I'm going to be honest with you. Silent Hill: Origins is not that good. There are like 6 or 7 kinds of monsters and the game can be beaten in 3 to 5 hours. The only upside about the game is that you get to learn about the what really happened out there before the first Silent Hill game.

But don't fret I have many, many reasons why you should get one. As far as games go, my personal favorites are Tekken Resurrection, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Lumines, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai. Final Fantasy Tactics, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and many others. Some games allow WiFi play so you can fight and battle anyone online not just people around you.

With the MP3 player, picture viewer, DVD quality movies, TV tuner, internet browser with RSS feed and location free player and many other features you can't go wrong.

The only major flaw with the system that cannot be fixed is the memory card. I have a 2 GB card but I had to pay for it. They can be very expensive. I might have to hot wire a hard drive to it or something. Also the UMD drive sucks I had replace mine which led to me breaking the mother board and combining parts from 2 PSPs to make the one I have now but its still worth it.

I will not speak of customization on this site but if you want to learn about it PM me.
    Last edited by solking; Dec 20, 2007 at 07:25 AM. Reason: correcting onformation

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

I have one and it generally fails in all departments, even having the plethora of extra features which I never use. but if you need a supplement to your DS then I say go for it. You never know when a handheld Megaten might come down the pipe.

only saving grace for me: Me and My Katamari.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

It's actually very handy because you can make it play all your old PSX games. How legal that is at this moment is another thing of course.

And another must-have for the PSP. MGS Portable Ops.

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

I hav a psp its pretty kewl. It looks fancy too : The game that i keep playing would be monster hunter...
    Temari is so Cool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evol View Post
    I have one and it generally fails in all departments, even having the plethora of extra features which I never use. but if you need a supplement to your DS then I say go for it. You never know when a handheld Megaten might come down the pipe.
    Handheld Megaten's already been announced... for DS :P So PSP fails here too...

This is not easy...

is the software region locked?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast