+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PSP Games

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

PSP Games

Alright... so a week ago I cracked and bought a PSP (thanks to all here who helped me make the decision).

I also bought "Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core" (which I'm about 6 hours into and loving the hell out of).

Just today I picked up "Loco Roco" and "Silent Hill: Origins" (both games I wanted before I even bought the system).

"Patapon" is sold out everywhere

The trouble: I'm getting the distinct feeling that my Final Fantasy adventure will be complete in about a week's time, Origins is famous for being a 2-5 hour-long game (ie. it's SHORT!), and Loco Roco is apparently adorable but incredibly annoying in all but small doses.

But from here I have no idea what to get!

I like all sorts of games but please keep in mind that I live in Japan, so:

1)I can't buy games that aren't available in my country (ie. God of War, Medal of Honor, etc)
    and
    2)While I am completely comfortable gaming in Japanese, I'm not 100% fluent in it and I can only read 1,000 kanji. Not a problem for a kids' game, a platformer or a game with an English-language soundtrack (like "Silent Hill"). But turn-based RPGs without voice-acting are more headache than they are worth (if they have voice-acting: alright).

Please rec me some games.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: PSP Games

I'll give you a list of my personal favorites.

Lumines 1 & 2: very addictive. If you like Tetris or 2D puzzle games in general you will love it. The game play exactly the same for both except different skins and soundtrack. Its just a great game. Its a must have for anyone who owns a PSP. Sazzy plays it so much I think she beat me last time.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops: Its just like playing the original MGS series. But whats unique about this is that you have recruit enemies and build your own rebellious army from the inside. Excellent storyline. The cut scenes are just like the MGS digital graphics novels. Has voices and sound effects and the art is amazing. Basically its like watching a manga come to life. Also the online play is great.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: If you like Marvel characters you'll love it. It has the game play of the X-Men Legends series with 4 man teams and simple combos. Lots of fighting and good story.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions: I love this game. Very similar to the PS1 game but its different. I find it a bit difficult to learn techniques but the story has me hooked.

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth: I don't talk about it much but I love the game. A great RPG and the more you disobey the gods the better the ending you get. It is a remake of the PS1 game.

Metal Gear Ac!d 1 & 2: Most people won't like this style of gaming because you have to collect cards. Thats right your weapons and gear are cards. And its a turn base strategy game. I didn't think it was going to work but its great. And there is nothing better than seeing a Metal Gear in 3D. The second game was made for 3D game play which looks great but the black 3D box thing was stupid. Best to play it when your alone. Holding a box to your face looks dumb.

A few more great games are Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai, Tekken Resurrection (which is the highest rated PSP game so far), Prince Of Persia: Rival Swords, Grand Theft Auto, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, etc.

A lot of games are just remakes with improvements but they are worth playing.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I'll give you a list of my personal favorites.

Lumines 1 & 2: very addictive. If you like Tetris or 2D puzzle games in general you will love it. The game play exactly the same for both except different skins and soundtrack. Its just a great game. Its a must have for anyone who owns a PSP. Sazzy plays it so much I think she beat me last time.
    HEHE what?! its addictive :P I have to practise harder because I've only had a PSP for half a year, compared to Solking who has had one longer than me by far and is used to the controls. I am more of a PC gamer orginally.

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance: If you like Marvel characters you'll love it. It has the game play of the X-Men Legends series with 4 man teams and simple combos. Lots of fighting and good story.
    HAHA this is fun too, but it would cool to try multi-player option but the wireless connection between our two PSP didn't work well with the game and soon after we started played one person would be disconnected.

Another game favourite of mine would be Ultimate Block Party, if you like to download the games and add them that way, then its better to do that because really playing what $20 for a game that is really small and doesn't really have much to do in it as its just like tetris again but with three more blocks of the same colour.

Tomb raider: Anniversary isn't too bad on PSP also. Yet, for me who isn't really used to the controls as much as I liked, the sequences to do some actions in the game can get confusing. But if your a Lara Croft fan, than its still worth the buy.
    Last edited by Sazzy; Jan 13, 2008 at 11:03 AM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

As I dont own a PSP I cant really offer much advice but here's a short list of games that you should play:

1)Rivera - The Promised Land: Very nice RPG with a very unique system in both map movement and battles which are new and rahter interesting. Voiced battles and cutscenes, although PSP version could be FULL voice, I've only played the US GBA version so...(T^T) Multiple Endings, good replay value.

2)Disgaea - One of the most addicting SRPGs EVER!! (But only if you're willing to put in the time and effort to enjoy the full game with all its 2nd cycle+ events, if you play the main story just through the first time than you're only gonna get like 7,8 hours) Cut scenes voiced. Multiple Endings. Replay value is what makes it so damn good. (Hardcore players put in HUNDREDS of hours...not exaggerating!!)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe I should also note that I'm not into buying games I already own and have finished again (FFT, Disgaea, Valkyrie Profile, etc) ^_^;

I can't justify buying the same game again just to have it portable... there are enough other things to play.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

...even if there are added events, charchters, etc?

Disgaea PSP offers "Etna Mode" a what-if storyline of if Etna killed Laharl. (God, I'd love to play that mode.lols) To add Disgaea PSP offers MULTIPLAYER!! Pit your army against a friends!! All NIS fans waited for this!! Then there are the characters from the games that followed the original Disgaea in the PSP version. Heck, Disgaea 2 charachters made it in. Xd

...just saying, I understand what you're saying and really these things wont really affect your decision unless you're a real fanatic of the games so...^^;
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

-Hm, from what I've heard, Daxter, the game for the PSP is quite well. If you've played Jak II, it also fills in the storyline to what actually happened during the time Jak was in Baron Praxus' custody.
    -Also, I don't know if you mentioned yet or not, or want it, but the Star Wars Battlefront games are supposed o be very good for the PSP. I believe there's Battlefront II and Battlefront: Renegade Squadron. Both shooter games.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Daxter was one of the top games of the PSP so far.

Another thing I should have mentioned was its always best to have a fighting game on hand even if you don't enjoy it too much. Lately every time I take the train and I start playing people ask me if I have Tekken. I sometimes hang out at the airport alot and thats the one thing we always play, fighting games. The fights are short and fast paced and you can take one all kinds of challenges in a short time. Almost arcade like. It brings a whole new look to the games we used to play by ourselves.

Another one of favorites was Crush. Its and original 3D puzzle game that is challenging. It feels like playing with a rubix cube. Trying to crush the blocks between 2D and 3D to make it to the goal. Its wonderful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast