+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Razr 2 vs. iPhone

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Razr 2 vs. iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

From a Security Design point of view, the iPhone is a unix device where EVERYTHING RUNS AT ROOT ACCESS!!! The system is just waiting to be hacked by a web or email Trojan...

iPhone Security Hellhole?
    well the new iphones have an updated technology and an anti-hack software and have better spyware software. the razr 2 for me is way to thin, and cant play movies on it . the iphone is great for a person seeking a phone AND an ipod, but for a simple person wanting a phone, the razr is better cuz of cost, simplicity and just it being a PHONE, not a super hi-tech death ray (new iphone add-on )

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

"Razr squared" just sounds cool. but im stupid, and took the raised "2" literally.....

len and hassun have good points, the iPhone isnt really that great anyway...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The current iPhone uses old technology and is therefore not very useful. Also, when buying one of these highly expensive luxury articles the name is one of the LAST things you should be interested in.

Consumption society hard at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

From a Security Design point of view, the iPhone is a unix device where EVERYTHING RUNS AT ROOT ACCESS!!! The system is just waiting to be hacked by a web or email Trojan...

iPhone Security Hellhole?
    Is this a problem that will be fixed or has Apple already gotten to work on those security problems?? I got to play around with one for a while today was quite happy with its capabilities. I am interested in getting one, maybe with or without phone service it really doesn't matter to me. But like you guys said if you say the technology is "old" (how old), and that the security is poor, should I wait or what?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone, for the most part because it's more feature-packed (duh). The only thing about that I'm not happy with is how it doesn't work with a SIM card that isn't American. For that very reason I didn't buy it. +__+ I personally think that an iPhone isn't worth having unless you're outside the States, because the whole contract + package system here just makes everything really expensive.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    iPhone, for the most part because it's more feature-packed (duh). The only thing about that I'm not happy with is how it doesn't work with a SIM card that isn't American. For that very reason I didn't buy it. +__+ I personally think that an iPhone isn't worth having unless you're outside the States, because the whole contract + package system here just makes everything really expensive.
    You guys don't have to get the phone contract. Everyone knows that right?? But yes, if you live in a town that has free government wi-fi, then heck the iphone is heaven.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Who's "you guys"?
    I don't really have a choice. No plan, no use phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Who's "you guys"?
    I don't really have a choice. No plan, no use phone.
    Well because several members already said that they can't buy it because of they already have a phone plan or something along the line of it. I mean yes it is an iPhone, but you don't have to solely use it for phone.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Is this a problem that will be fixed or has Apple already gotten to work on those security problems?? I got to play around with one for a while today was quite happy with its capabilities. I am interested in getting one, maybe with or without phone service it really doesn't matter to me. But like you guys said if you say the technology is "old" (how old), and that the security is poor, should I wait or what?
    I don't care if it gets fixed, there is nothing in this device that would merit the price for it or cost of service thereafter. Much like the iPod there are or soon will be other better devices for what the iPhone does. Someone just needs to break down and make a phone that WORKS for once! Screw the add ons and give me signal and a cheaper plan!

I think Hassun has a monopoly on it though, Europe and Asia gets all the good phone and us Americans get squat. Hassun how far behind Europe are we in terms of the cellphone technology? 1-2 years?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast