+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Re-playing Video Games

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Re-playing Video Games

I'm probably going to be re-playing a video game today, so I was wondering . . .
    How many times do you tend to re-play games? How long do you wait before re-playing them? What sort of games are your favorite to re-play? Which games have you re-played the most? Do you ever cheat or look at walkthroughs to get better items/equipment/etc. the second or third time around?

If it's a good game, I'll usually play it twice. Also, the older it is, the more I tend to re-play it (because of nostalgia, I suppose). For example, I've played Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie a million times. I play older PS2 games a lot, too, like Sly Cooper, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, and Ratchet & Clank. I usually have to wait a year or two before replaying a game, though. It's hard to say which game I've replayed the most, but by now I know Kingdom Hearts like the back of my hand, along with Banjo Kazooie/Tooie. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not going to play them again. XD
    I'm not sure why, but when I re-play games, I love looking at bits of walkthroughs and finding every single thing there is to find. It's like, the first time I play a game is for the storyline, and the second is to absolutely dominate the game. I love the satisfaction of doing everything there is to do.

So what about you guys?
    marl velius likes this.

Newbie FinalXepher is off to a good start FinalXepher's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Re-playing Video Games

Yup i LOVE replaying video games. I just started to replay Monster Hunter after a year. Put another good 70 hours into it so far but I tend to replay games often. It seems that I replay them when i forget some of the story and I have to replay it in order to remember. As for a game I've replayed the most, Megaman Legends 2. I cannot get enough of that game. I could pick it up right now and go for a week-long marathon. Also, i replayed Tomba 2 (if any body even knows what Tomba is...) and yes, I looked though walkthrough in order to find the last thing that i could never find no matter how hard I looked. It always made me mad when I was young but when i discovered the magic of the internet at a later age, my question was solved.

As for your later comment I too start as a content tourist. I play for the story, but not on easy. Always go normal. Then when I am though, I play to unlock and discover every single thing and beat it on the highest difficulty. For example, in Radiata Stories, there are over 150 characters you can recruit, and you can't do it all at once. I had the strategy guide but it still takes a crapload of time. I like to do this with most games. The problem is at that point, i am usually bored and move on to the next.

If this world is hell,
    then God is nicer than everyone thinks

Newbie Shaka may be famous one day Shaka may be famous one day Shaka's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really have time to replay video games. If I ever want to replay something though, it would probably be the old games from the 80's and 90's since most of these games are really short and I can easily finish them in just a few hours. Also, I love the HD collection of PS2 game on the PS3. I will just replay these games since they are basically free Trophies for me.

Newbie emo princess101 is off to a good start emo princess101's Avatar
    Thanks

I re-play games...alot. I wait like...after i finnish..and if theres nothing to do..i re-play it. My favorite sort of games to re-play is kingdom hearts..even though there are hard parts. I reaplayed kingdom hearts the most. I cheat on pokemon games and do walkthroughs..i also replay pokemon.0.0

Newbie akatsukig1rl13 is off to a good start akatsukig1rl13's Avatar
    Thanks

i never cheated ofor and ive replayed alot of my games before i use to own Tmnt game and ive replayed that game over 2o times
    I am the voice in the fields when the summer's gone
    The dance of the leaves when the autumn winds blow
    Ne'er do I sleep throughout all the cold winter long
    I am the force that in springtime will grow

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

re-playing games? I do this almost all the time, especially with my favorites, I finished Tekken & other fighting games a countless number of times & I'm still playing them, I still play my good old game of crash bandicoot & many more
    it might also be interesting to try cheating in the game after finishing it, U know, so that it won't be that boring
    "If you do not believe in yourself, hardwork is useless"
    "Might Gai" from "Naruto"

Newbie bluewolf is off to a good start bluewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

I hardly ever replay games. Unless it's something like these series Dead or Alive, Marvel vs. Capcom, or Soul Edge. I normally don't care to replay. Games like Final Fantasy kicked normally kicked my butt enough that once the game's over I'm like "HA! I beat you!" and remember to never replay them. However there are games like Kingdom Hearts, Jade Empire, and a few others where I make time to replay.
    I suppose Santa Claus doesn't go around delivering semi-automatics, extra mags, and cans of tear gas.

Newbie Koron Fallin is off to a good start Koron Fallin's Avatar
    Thanks

depends on the game but yea most of the time i re-play games. my first time i play on my own but for the re-play i use walkthroughs, see if i missed anythiing the first time around. of course the games i mostly re-play are the big choice ones, like mass effect, fable etc. but even if they are not choice based i re-play it if its just a really good game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast