Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 5

Newbie firstborn is off to a good start firstborn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 5

I own both resident evil 4 and 5 and from playing the two I can see that they're both great games, but there is a big difference in the tone. In number 4 your originally just going out to look up a lead on the presidents daughter, the existance of the ganados being a complete surprise to Leon. Where as in number 5 your going in as part of a group that exist solely to combat viral attacks such as the one you encounter. So ya the tone is a bit different, 4 being trapped alone fighting your way through cultist and infected villagers, and 5 haveing you as part of a large group combating these attacks. bringing me to the next point - the ammo, alot of people complain about there being too much ammo around as compared to the previous games,, I find that all the ammo there makes sence (you are following a trail of various (dead)squads as well as fighting against an armed private army).

As a game resi 5 isn't exactly as 'revolutionary' as 4 was, but does it really need to be, they stuck with a game style that worked, with a pleasant graphical overhaul, with the addition of a fun co-op mode.
    See now the game is historically inaccurate, because unlike feudal Japan, modern day France does not have any flying demonic stingrays. . . well, hardly any.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion both of them suck. I grew up with RE1 and RE2 so that's what I fell in love with and this new stuff is stupid because it doesn't have any zombies or anything, I hate it.

Newbie xzyane415 is off to a good start xzyane415's Avatar
    Thanks

Resident 4 is more enjoyable than 5 cause it is scary.. lot of frightening scenes.. I just like RE5 because of its spended graphics..

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128 View Post
    In my opinion both of them suck. I grew up with RE1 and RE2 so that's what I fell in love with and this new stuff is stupid because it doesn't have any zombies or anything, I hate it.
    Yes I agree that Resident Evil 1 and 2 are very different I would say they are much harder games (mostly talking about Resident Evil 1) with real zombies. The newer ones in my choice I say are really good though why do you hate them so much (sorry for going off topic but I would like to hear his reason if thats okay).

Newbie hiddened is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    Honestly, I loved 5.
    No offense, but I don't think you guys are giving it enough credit.
    Yes, I know the "bad" sides it has to it, but it also has so many good points.

-For one, the Graphics are stellar. Just in the way that 4's were good for the PS2, 5's are good for both the 360 and the PS3 (I own the PS3 version).
    -If you liked 4, and it's more of the same, then what's there to complain?
    -Co-op is a blast. And it's how many people manage Pro mode. >_>;
    -Mercs is back, still as awesome as ever.

Overall, I really just loved 5. It was basically in my mind an improvement of 4.
    I'm not saying 4 is a bad game, nor does 5 "break the boundaries" but still, they're both great.
    ^^
    Great bags.. really beautiful..I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.
    bookmarked and b back l8er,i need more info, :-)

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, here's some basic info for you if you'd like:
    Resident Evil 5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And a little more specifically if not better written/official:
    Resident Evil 5 - The Resident Evil Wiki - Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 4, walkthroughs, and more
    More information on characters, weapons, etc maybe even graphics can be found on the Resident Evil wikia if so you'd desire to know that much.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie leebingate is off to a good start
    Thanks

Can I second that? Any help for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.
    Whens the next comp? I'm itching to see how I go.
    Last edited by Hassun; Mar 14, 2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: removing ad

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leebingate View Post
    Can I second that? Any help for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.
    Whens the next comp? I'm itching to see how I go.
    I'm sorry but if you want to return to this topic, you'll have to create a new thread. This thread has been inactive for a month or more so it is considered dead.
    Last edited by Hassun; Mar 14, 2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: removing ad

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2