+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RPG game for girls.. any comment?

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb RPG game for girls.. any comment?

well, as a girl i does not enjoy shopping or doing house work... i like to play computer game such as DotA, Counter Strike...... but most of my friends advice me that : i'm a girl, should play less. don't be like boys.... play game the whole day... but what's wrong with girls playing computer games... ?

and my parents does not always bother me. they always say "you always play computer games like a guy. always play game. later no girl friends want to friend with you" i'm bored at home. no money. no tv.... i got a hand note book (personal computer). thats why i always stay with my computer... nothing to do with it. so that i play game....

now the question is, girl play RPG game. acceptable? any comment?
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: RPG game for girls.. any comment?

The RPG forum is for actually playing RPGs on the Forum itself, Moving to Sensory Pleasures.

As for games that would be good for girls that are out now, I would have to go with Mass Effect by Bioware, and Fable 2 by Lionhead studios when it comes out this fall, since both are pretty much open ended, and allow you play as a female protagonist. (fable 2 even allows you to have children!)

And I got news for you: 40% of all Gamers are Women. So you're not alone. Everyone needs a little escape from reality every now and then

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm female and I've been playing games for 20 some year. I don't intend to stop either. I even have 2 RPG's that I run and several that I play here on AO. You don't need to be a boy to play games on the computer.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Newbie Touko Ryogi is off to a good start Touko Ryogi's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm hoping I read your post correctly, or at least as to how you intended it to be... Is it acceptable for a girl to play an RPG game (or any game in general I would think)?

Well, simply enough, yes. Why would it be unacceptable?

Playing video games is a mainstream and common thing to do these days, some lunatics like Jack Thompson and Christian mothers looking for something to blame the next holocaust on would say otherwise though. If you're just talking about casually playing a video game for a day every so often then there's nothing wrong with that at all.

If you play it obsessively all day every day and never go out to do anything, then you might have what we call an addiction or obsessive personality. You don't have to just be a girl for that to count as a bad thing, it's bad regardless of gender.

End of the day; a hobby is a hobby. Video games are a hobby, so it's only natural to spend time with your hobby. If someone asks you why you spend so much time sitting around playing video games, you should ask them why they spend so much time sitting around reading fiction books or whatever their hobby may be. All it takes is putting things into perspective for people who criticize things they don't know about.

Oh, but if you do marathon games all day every day, maybe you should take a break and get some air every so often?

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

well... it's not bad to be into vid.games .... and your friends should not bother you about things like that... think of this are they really your true freinds if they do not suport what you do?
    death and life are one and the same

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

This sounds more like the issue of male vs. female rolls... Which I think is rather stupid. I hear this a lot from my friend Kat who plays games religiously but gets bagged on by her female friends because she likes to play games... She still has not returned my Predator Concrete Jungle game yet either because she loves doing the execution moves. But back to the matter at hand. For games, as listed before, Mass effect and Fable 2, as well as Oblivion. Pretty much any game that allows you to customize your characters gender and all that are very good choices. How ever, in the end it shouldn’t really matter.

This is the best line I got from my friend Kat when she was responding to her friend’s criticism that made me laugh. "Well maybe if you played more video games you mite actually get a date with a guy."
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku babyman is off to a good start babyman's Avatar
    Thanks

What kind of s***t is this... Why wouldn't girls be allowed to play games? XD I think it would be more fun if more girls played games. My GF doesn't play any and she also doesn't like me playing them *sob*
    But I still do it and about the genre...
    Well, most girls I know play games like the sims, but if you rather play cs or anything else, why wouldn't you? I as a boy also enjoy playing sims from time to time, nothing to be ashamed of

Just be yourself and be who you're happy to be, that's most important

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

that sounds like the standard " girls should not be like men, but proper young women"
    I and most of the girls i know play video games, and a couple of them do it professionally in game turnaments.
    Theres still the concept that girls cant do it because they are not guys, I think if jobs can handle women in the work force they can play video games. Alot of games were created by poeple who love to play them, so why does it matter what their gender is.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast