+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RPG (Role-Playing Games)

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: RPG (Role-Playing Games)

*reads dark angel swordman's post* Hahaha, NIS' games are surely addicitive. I'm not up to your level of playing but I still love it. The NIS game I've accomplished most in is Makai/Phantom Kingdom. All I have to do is defeat Yoshitsuna and Baal. *sigh* (._.)

Ugh, so vague...well lets see what I can recommend:

1.Final Fantasy series (SquareEnix) - All of which are RPG classics and big hits. All of them has a great storyline, music, addictive gameplay, etc. SquareEnix is one of the best when it comes to graphics and music tracks, thats what makes their games so interesting and addicting. (Although I've had FFXll for over a year now and my total playtime is barely one hour...shame on me)

2.Tales of ***** (BandaiNamco) - Just as the FF seires this series offer a great set of games. Also for the anime fans they integrate animated OPs, EDs, and cutscenes which are top notch quality. Personally I like their battle systems in which you can control the charcters on the battle field and unleash attacks which can connect to other characters adding the need of good tactics to it. Always an abundance of side quests and other goodies that players just cant help to love such as the alternate costumes given to the characters. C'mon, everyone eventually gets tired of their fav. RPG team going through the entire story with the same clothes and looks. Xd

3.Wild ARM series - How many other Fantasy-Western themed RPGs do you see thats successful? Not many (or rather any other that I've noticed). The Western theme really sets it apart from the rest. One thing that I like in the series is the puzzles that are set within the dungeons that make it a fair challenge to the players. Not too easy nor too hard.

4.Atelier Iris series (Nippon Ichi Software) - If you love anime than you'll love NIS' games. To this day they stick to anime-like 2D sprites...and they're just hard to ignore. Always a great storyline, not completely connected but plenty of references to the prequels/a look into sequels. Unique "Alchemy" system lets you create your items instead of just buying them (ofcourse you can buy the ingredients but the good stuff comes as a reward for your hard work). You can also create your weapons and add attributes to your liking. Always a great cast of VAs, both in the English and Japanese language. Yes, NIS offers both the English language and the original Japanese language in their games. Thats what I love about them.
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Dec 10, 2007 at 07:00 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    *reads dark angel swordman's post* Hahaha, NIS' games are surely addicitive. I'm not up to your level of playing but I still love it. The NIS game I've accomplished most in is Makai/Phantom Kingdom. All I have to do is defeat Yoshitsuna and Baal. *sigh* (._.)
    I never said I was extremely high. Sorry if this goes off topic too much, but my current levels are:

Disgaea: 3000 exactly. [@ Prinny Baal]
    Disgaea 2: 1300ish [Adell and Laharl]
    Phantom Brave: 1200ish [Ash only]
    Soul Nomad: [Just bought yesterday] 17
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animan11 View Post
    what is the best rpg becauseI would really like to play alot of different ones but I justneed to know what the best ones are. If anyone could please tell me which one is the best to play I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
    I quite enjoy playing Diablo I & II. Good plot, fun characters . . . Good RPG.

Newbie darkwolfchild is off to a good start darkwolfchild's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, it really depends on how long you've been playing RPG's I've played since basically the genre started, cause it's in the family, Square Enix's/Soft's games are a pretty good start, except I can't recommend the bodyguard or the bouncer, can't remember the name, because I've never played it.

The Suikoden Series will also tie you into Strategy which might lead you to Fire Emblem or Tatics. Secret of Mana, and the Mana Series is a good introductory to RPG's because it has all the elements of an RPG and has the option of Hero or Heroine now.

The ARC the Lad Series was great including Twilight of Spirits, though End of Darkness kind of fell short of its predessor. Really it depends on where you want to go, and a lot of RPG's are slipping into RPG action/adventure. As for the Kingdom Hearts well, it's fun, pretty easy to control, and the characters are well known, also it may tempt you into the final fantasy set.

Grandia, 1, 2 , 3 is an interesting group as it has a very different world and interesting races of people, and if that's what you're looking for then Tales series, and Shadow Hearts Series might offer a broad range of things.
    Last edited by darkwolfchild; Dec 14, 2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Forget a few

Newbie mike1787 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animan11 View Post
    what is the best rpg becauseI would really like to play alot of different ones but I justneed to know what the best ones are. If anyone could please tell me which one is the best to play I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
    well i would say final fantasy x or dragon quest 4 thier both really good

and blue dragon for the ps3

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

My personal favorites are: the Suikoden games, the Shining Force series, Legend of Mana, the Wild Arms series (especially 3), and the Persona series. Though I do play just about any. If you're a beginner, you might want to try Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest if you can find it or possibly Legend of Mana, it's easy to figure out but challenging at the same time. More advanced, you might want to try the Suikoden series or Xenogears or Xenosaga if you like mecha.
    But if you're interested in the tabletop RPGs my recommendations are: Mechwarrior (the ability to play just about any kind of character you want), the World of Darkness games (creepy and fun, though my group did such stupid things it turned out to be funny), and Legend of the Five Rings (RPG in a feudal Japan-style setting with the characters playing Samurai and Shugenga).
    Last edited by gamemaster331; May 26, 2008 at 10:41 PM.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're looking for a gaijin-made RPG, though, I would like to recommend the following:

Fallout, Fallout 2
    Baldur's Gate Series
    Icewind Dale Series
    Neverwinter Nights
    The Elder Scrolls Series

As for handheld RPGs:
    Lunar Legend
    Riviera: The Promised Land

There! Healthy alternatives to the FF franchise.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Otaku Zerosan9000 is off to a good start
    Thanks

there is also the fire emblem games there good i just got hooked lol and now i cant put it down

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3