View Poll Results: Are scary movies scary?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scary movies suck now!

18 41.86%
  • They are ok.

17 39.53%
  • They still are scary!

8 18.60%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: scary movies?

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

scary movies?

IS it just me or is it that scary movies today arent that scary any more. Is it that we have grown out of it or are the people making them suck at it. To me there hasnt been a good scary moive since the 1st Texes Chiansaw Mascare(it is the one in black and white for those that never seen it)

Japan is the only country that can make scary movies and that is sad for they arent that good.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: scary movies?

This doesn't seem like a reputable debate topic to me. Thus, it belongs in Sensory Pleasures.

Moving...

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

I do believe that the recent thriller/horror movies are following a predictable line lately. In addition to remakes of older versions and additions in a movie series, most follow same plot outlines. Kid with no retinas comes out of the wall and scares you... yea. Or how bout that dude who kills everyone?

They need another movie that breaks the barrier, like they did with silence of the lambs. I do know its hard to come out with outstanding material that is super suprising, but unfortunately that kind of is their job.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: scary movies?

There aren't scary anymore. I saw the Grudge 2 it sucked! It's just terrible.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah i got to agree there not as scary as they were.
    mars attacks was scary tho ( when i was 9) ( never watched it again after what happend >_< dam movie) ( if u really want to know what happend pm me cos im not sayin it here lol)
    but yeah the old ones are more scary

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Alot of movies that are horror aren't very scary anymore, I've seen 1 or 2 in that were actually ok but thats too little.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rock on View Post
    IS it just me or is it that scary movies today arent that scary any more. Is it that we have grown out of it or are the people making them suck at it. To me there hasnt been a good scary moive since the 1st Texes Chiansaw Mascare(it is the one in black and white for those that never seen it)

Japan is the only country that can make scary movies and that is sad for they arent that good.
    This is because you've become desensitized. So the movies need to be more scary. I think the whole society has become desensitized more, which aint a good thing.

Otaku kimchi24 may be famous one day kimchi24 may be famous one day
    Thanks

to me there arent any more movies taht actually scare u. there all about suspense and gore. the only thing scary abotu a scary movie would be when random things just pop up and go AHHHHHH. the movie industry should make movies that would haunt u for days not lil pop up scenes

I praise the one who is able to win it all and still live for it...[/CENTER

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast