View Poll Results: Are scary movies scary?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scary movies suck now!

18 41.86%
  • They are ok.

17 39.53%
  • They still are scary!

8 18.60%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: scary movies?

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: scary movies?

Quote Originally Posted by rock on View Post
    IS it just me or is it that scary movies today arent that scary any more. Is it that we have grown out of it or are the people making them suck at it. To me there hasnt been a good scary moive since the 1st Texes Chiansaw Mascare(it is the one in black and white for those that never seen it)

Japan is the only country that can make scary movies and that is sad for they arent that good.
    I miss the good old black and white films (not that I was alive then . . .) In black and white, EVERYTHING is spookier. Sure, the special effects left things to be desired, but black and white made you believe that you would be eaten by The Blob, that your neighbourhood was invaded by the Body Snatchers, and so on and so forth. Now, "horror films" are just gore. Gore is all very well, but a bit of magic has been lost. There are no scenes that leave you in disgusted introspection, no scenes that make you second-guess yourself. When the story doesn't affect us, it doesn't scare us.

Otaku kimchi24 may be famous one day kimchi24 may be famous one day
    Thanks

yeah hes right teh balck and white films had more of a buzz to them than color did XD

I praise the one who is able to win it all and still live for it...[/CENTER

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

IS it just me or is it that scary movies today arent that scary any more. Is it that we have grown out of it or are the people making them suck at it. To me there hasnt been a good scary moive since the 1st Texes Chiansaw Mascare(it is the one in black and white for those that never seen it)

Japan is the only country that can make scary movies and that is sad for they arent that good.
    Black and white? The Texas Chain Saw Massacre had colours.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i agree as well movies like the tingler ,mask of the red death, house
    of usher, the pit and the pendulum , house on haunted hill ect. those
    movies were the standard for scary sure they don't have gore .naked chicks
    or anything like that ,but that left a lot of it to the imagination, which
    made it scary .

they don't do that anymore which is why scary movies suck so much
    today the only colored movies that were decent were amityville horror
    the exorcist and the chainsaw movie like hassun said but still movies
    just suck today.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

hassun is right, but there was the film that the police took of the crime scene, where they take a tour of the basement (this was included in the remake of texas chainsaw massacre) and then thomas hewette pops out and kills one cop and his face is recorded on the screen for one second, or maybe u were talkin bout the texas chainsaw massacre here
    The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    where instead of the girl hitch hiker in the remake, it was a crazy man, and the crew had a cripple guy, not a druggy. but yes ur right, some movies suck my ....... u know..... cuz like i think that some of them are under pressure to make a movie for money. like saw 3 had no plot and even the gore was rele badly faked. hostel?...(spoiler) 30 of weed, 30 of sex, 1 hr of torture in the dark what u cant see. gone are the days of scary movie 1, 2 , 3 that lead you guessin the killer to the end, gone are the days or psychological thrilllers like edgar allen poe's movie (not filmed by him but based on his poem) the raven. now its gore, and cheap gore at that....

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i have to say the the chainsaw massacre was more gore ,and naked chicks
    and less scary sure it it made a few people jump maybe but that's because
    the ones that got scared are the ones that don't watch that many horror
    movies.

i have to agree about Edgar Allen Poe though like the movies i mentioned
    were all great because they left a lot to the imagination where as today's
    fake horror's don't leave anything but a taste in your moth and a waist
    of money as well.

and for japan the only good thing about there horror movies
    is the special affects they use because they use alot of computer imagery
    like in the movie ringu w Even remade it into the ring it still wasn't scary
    maybe its because of what someone here said about being desensitised
    but horror movies just arent scary anymore.

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like scary movies much anymore because as said the talent of making them scary are gone. But movies that use to be scary that I watched without being scared came back to haunt me lol
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Hassun there was a black and white film of Texas Chainsaw Massacre the new one in color is the remake and it sucked as usual... anyways heres a link to the old black and white one.

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast