View Poll Results: Are scary movies scary?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scary movies suck now!

18 41.86%
  • They are ok.

17 39.53%
  • They still are scary!

8 18.60%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: scary movies?

Newbie Maladjusted may be famous one day Maladjusted may be famous one day Maladjusted's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: scary movies?

I cant watch scary movies, Im a big girl's blouse. lol

One film a did see that really messed me up, was 'The Desent', I couldnt sleep for days after. The first our though is just getting to know the characters, I think thats why it freaked me out so much because you got to know about the characters as just normal people. If that makes sense...

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rock on View Post
    IS it just me or is it that scary movies today arent that scary any more. Is it that we have grown out of it or are the people making them suck at it. To me there hasnt been a good scary moive since the 1st Texes Chiansaw Mascare(it is the one in black and white for those that never seen it)

Japan is the only country that can make scary movies and that is sad for they arent that good.
    i agree with you here, ive seen many horror movies in my day hehe..perhaps thats why im so crazy..but anyways yeah, if anything, they make me laugh, just because they r so terrible, although i did have nightmares after i watched the Jason and freddy movies, but house of wax was the funniest horror movie of them all...wow wax things and paris hilton dying...wow

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rock on View Post
    IS it just me or is it that scary movies today arent that scary any more. Is it that we have grown out of it or are the people making them suck at it. To me there hasnt been a good scary moive since the 1st Texes Chiansaw Mascare(it is the one in black and white for those that never seen it)

Japan is the only country that can make scary movies and that is sad for they arent that good.
    i don't enjoy any of the now scary movies because they overuse the graphics insted of making it truly scary!

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: scary movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    i don't enjoy any of the now scary movies because they overuse the graphics insted of making it truly scary!
    Yes, I agree they are getting terrible! Some kids like Chucky! He's not even close to scary anymore! But he only scared me a long time ago!

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

most scary movies are a disgrace and are more funnny to me than they are scary. the fredddy vs jason movie. man that was funny

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

No Freddy Vs. Jason was plain stupid... it made no sense I mean come on v_V... what people need now and days is a brain to write a plot that would twist your imagination.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku arubberchicken is off to a good start arubberchicken's Avatar
    Thanks

ive seen a few scary movies... and none of them scared me.... they mad me jump a little but i have never seen anything that made me think twice about going down a dark hallway...and i agree with princess lady... most of them make me laugh

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I think its a combination of both of them having bad writers writing bad scripts and bad directors doing a bad job; and the fact that we're becoming too desensitized to it. The directors focus too much on the blood and gore and not enough on the scary aspects; such as, misdirection or atmosphere. Those are what make scary films truly terrifying.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast