View Poll Results: Are scary movies scary?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scary movies suck now!

18 41.86%
  • They are ok.

17 39.53%
  • They still are scary!

8 18.60%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: scary movies?

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: scary movies?

I wanted to see a scary movie that actually makes me scare the s*** out of me, not just sittin on a chair waiting for something to happen, though its just getting freaky now

Otaku Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah I like gorry movies but there is a distinct lack of scare involved, the movies that scare me the most arnt really scary but have suck a good plot line that i find them scary, like 'Signs" i thought that was scary and i refuse to watch it. also im afraid of jarassic park (yeah i know im lame) the plot it just so good that its scary for me.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Nowadyas people arn't that scared anymore. We are dulled and dumbed/numbed. There isn't a lot that hasn't been thought of and thrown on the screen to really give us nightmares. We have almost seen it all. So instead of trying to haunt our dreams, is seems that people moved to horrors cousin and brother >>>> Creepy and disturbing. Shock you and make you cringe, try to look away but also making it so you can't.

Its pretty simple really. We arn't scared because there isn't much to scare the public in general. Its not the hotspot or the sweetspot anymore to create a Freddy Kurgar or Jason. Real danger excites us and so why not make it come alive. True events or based on true events. Mistical and fantasy are probably getting boring. Yeah there are some fantastic nightmarish things that people can think of, but against personal and slightly realistic events and outcomes, its doesnt stand a chance.

Otaku arubberchicken is off to a good start arubberchicken's Avatar
    Thanks

there r a lot of people that dont mind them and rnt scared.. its too bad that those r the people that go to the movies to get scared... but scary movies r cheesy nowadays...... but i know a few people who r just freaked out by it and it make me laugh.. though i shouldnt talk, im not one to the people who get reallys scared, i can handle a lot of gore, but the suspense drives me nuts... but no... i rarely get scared

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

: Oh sad... I did the poll and voted that movies are still scary and there were only three other votes.. Anyway I think Im scared of scary movies because I had the bad parents that let me watch them too young. Now Im scared for life. I still think poltergeist is the scariest movie ever made. Cant handle little girls coming in and going out of tvs. (which is where i stoped watching the ring.

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    This is because you've become desensitized. So the movies need to be more scary. I think the whole society has become desensitized more, which aint a good thing.
    No, it's because they actually DO suck. Go watch the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If you don't crap your pants, there's something wrong with you.

My brothers and I grew up on horror movies. I've never seen a movie that really scared me as much as that movie did and my younger brother and I watched it in broad daylight. That movie is awesome. The grainy look makes it even scarier.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    : Oh sad... I did the poll and voted that movies are still scary and there were only three other votes.. Anyway I think Im scared of scary movies because I had the bad parents that let me watch them too young. Now Im scared for life. I still think poltergeist is the scariest movie ever made. Cant handle little girls coming in and going out of tvs. (which is where i stoped watching the ring.
    That is a shame. I started watching those movies when I was probably no older than 5. I was once sent to my room after a punishment and had the door shut keeping me in the dark. This was after a Freddy Krugar and yeah, I have never been more frightened in my life. After an hour I wasn't scared of the dark or mostly anything after that. Scared for life, but made me stronger as a young boy.

In the end, I envy you for being scared of those movies, and its always so fun to be scared during a good flick. Can always cuddle up next to someone or laugh at your cowardness afterwards. Good times, good times.

Newbie yuska9 may be famous one day yuska9 may be famous one day yuska9's Avatar
    Thanks

The Texas Chian saw Massacre is awesome. It was really scary^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast