+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sephiroth Vs. Darth Vader

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Sephiroth Vs. Darth Vader

I have a feeling this thread will be closed, if not moved to a different forum. I just assumed 'd put it in this one because it's about two (rather popular) video game/movie characters. So I'd thought I'd see the opinions of people here on a debate I've been seeing for QUITE some time.

So I ask, to your opinion and what knowledge you have a both. Who would win in a fight? Darth Vader or Sephiroth. I myself am currently undecided. It's said that Darth Vader weilds TREMENDOUS abilities to use the force (However being put in his armor reduced it). Hell it's even said the force can destroy a planet (Which is a feat acomplished by Darth Nihilus). Even in the comics, Vader has done quit some feats.

Then of course we have Sephiroth with his ability "Meteor" along with "Supernova". Along witha VERY long sword and a great amount of energy use (Who is NOT a mamas boy).

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sephiroth Vs. Darth Vader

i am undecided as well. there really is one clear outcome, but no one will know until some one makes a sephiroth character in soul calibur 4 and sets him up in a match with vader.
    Why hello there!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well I personally think Darth Vader would win. I think Vader's lightsaber would break Sephiroth's big ole' sword, Sephiroth's sword is just metal, and lightsaber's cut through droids that are made of metal all the time so Sephiroth would have to default to magic quick. The only edge Sephiroth's got on Vader is agility, but Vader could just use the force to pin him down, using force choke. It takes Sephiroth a while to summon Meteor, plenty of time for Vader to chop Sephiroth down quick.

This is all just assuming Vader's in his suit. If this is Vader before he gets beat by Obi-Wan, then Sephiroth is even more screwed.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

As overhyped and overpopularized as Sephiroth is, I've always found him unimpressive. He's nothing more than a tool controlled by his 'mother'. His performance as how we see him in the games are lacking despite it all being made overdramatized to the point where it may seem epic.

I mean, he stabbed a completely unremarkable grunt through the chest which resulted in said unremarkable grunt who was nothing special at all picking up and throwing Sephiroth into the Lifestream below. That unremarkable grunt? Cloud. Before Hojo's Mako experiments. Before the disillusionment of Zack's personality and background.

Sephiroth has and was always been pathetic in my eyes. Despite his slightly impressive skill with a sword and his considerable talent with Materia, everything else about him was always bland. In the end, he was nothing more than a puppet. A dog. The real villain was always Jenova.

With all that said, Darth Vader would of course win. Even if Sephiroth summons Meteor, it wouldn't really do much in the long run. Darth Vader would be able to cut him down before Meteor makes impact a couple hours later and there's always the fact that the lightsaber should be able to cut through Sephiroth's Masamune. Japanese steel or not, we've seen lightsabers slice through many things metal and I'm sure we all remember the opening scenes from Phantom Menace where Qui-Gon penetrates a reinforced blast door with his lightsaber.

I doubt Darth Vader would have to even use the Force too much on an opponent like Sephiroth.
    I love my girlfriend.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Innerhell For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Sep 23, 2008)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

The full force of Mr Darth Vader. Lets see, Darth Vader of course. The Force, lightsaber and a cool voice. Also can slam the opponent onto the floor, wall or any object. And move massive object to throw at the oponent.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Darth Vader will win hands down. It really is no contest at all. He will simply widdle down Sephiroth sward as if it was nothing more then a dried shrivled twig. He will fallow this up by force choke or some other nifty force power. He may use mind controle and have old Sephiroth dance like a little puppet. He will be nothing more then a toy to Vader. Vader may not even kill Sephiroth, well depending on how annoying Vader saw him then he may kill him, other wise he may see it as a wast of his time. After all, he as a Galaxy to take over.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Sephiroth can FLY! he would problably be basically immune to the force because of his own immense personal power. and Lightsabers can't cut all metal, vibroblades aren't affected at all.

Sephiroth is the master of death, only Chuck Norris could beat him in a straight up fight, Cloud cheated, he had Aerith's help.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a reason why it's called a Vibroblade and that is because it is attached to a small generator that emits a electrognetic frequency that repels the electromagnetic feild of the plasma blade of a light saber so the plasma blade doesnt actualy touch the Vidroblade it's self. Also, so what if Sephiroth can fly, Vader can toss really big rocks at him. There problem solved. Not to mention Vader can levitate him self if he wished. The force doesnt work in the maner in the way Sephiroth uses his power. Also, have you noticed that when a Sith and Jedi dook it out and one uses the force the other redirects it, and not cancel it out. Not to mention Vader is immensly powerful him self.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast