+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: should anime become games?

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

should anime become games?

I have seen many of my favorite animes turned into games that dont turn out all that well. Yet I find myself constantly coming back to the same one, tell me, do you think animes should make the jump to the gaming platforms or stay where they are most known on television and in our mangas/
    fear the reaper

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should anime become games?

In my opinion anime's should make a good start in the platform league, since it has become more interesting these oncoming years, of reading, watching and now there should be a time of playing all varieties of Anime hits in the Gamer's section.
    There are endless possiblities of Manga and Anime becoming an effetive Platform System that people are most likely to be into it for there time being.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well yes most anime games dont come out well but there are some that come out great so yes i think they should i mean really i love dot hack the new gu ones they are fun but i love the hack games and other anime games so yes they should be made.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The GunGrave of Trigun For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Apr 18, 2008), Scourge (Apr 18, 2008)

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    Well yes most anime games dont come out well but there are some that come out great so yes i think they should i mean really i love dot hack the new gu ones they are fun but i love the hack games and other anime games so yes they should be made.
    GunGrave of Trigun: My thoughts were exactly the same, although my direction was facing into the whole other way. I may have noticed that some Anime Games may had come out wrong, though some of them have excellent music and F/X that turns it entertaining to play, even though the graphics are not perfectly entitled.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont play very many anime games, but that doesnt mean I dont pay attention to what goes on with them. I find that about half dont do so well as expected but those that do good end up being freaking great. So I say that they should.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

I know some are good some are bad they souldnt stop making them just because some are bad and some games are based on animes so it would be taking more games then just anime games right.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

An interesting question, and while the obvious short answer will always be "Someone will enjoy them", I think anime games do often fail to make it into the upper echelon of AAA gaming titles, and much like movie games, will probably stay like that. After all, Budokai Tenkaichi or Clash of Ninja will never never be Soul Calibur or Tekken.

I think the reason they turn out mediocre is because of the lack of creativity. When you are using somebody else's show, I think you have a lot of restrictions with what you can do. The story pretty much has to be the same, the characters pretty much the same, etc...With an original IP, you're free to test out new ideas or plots, but I feel that anime games are held back by the fact that most of the time they aren't allowed to experiment as much as they might like to. As a result you get games like Clash of Ninja and so forth; decent and fun games, but not necesarrily something that will always be reccommended to people who don't enjoy the anime series.

I'd like to see an anime game that could spread beyond its niche audience, and possibly work backwards to how anime games usually work, and actually get people who buy the game to sort of become interested in the anime, rather than the game being essentially fan service to the people who already enjoy the anime enough to love the game regardless. I personally don't buy games based off animes for this reason. Rather then sell well because of brilliant gameplay and intriguing plot, they can often sell just by resting on the laurels of the license.

But anyways, they fill a niche, so of course they'll keep being made, and I'm certainly not against that. I'd just like to see some flare out of these games for once; the way I so often see it from original IPs.

Thanks

Yes why should we quit in the future there could be some really cool ones so this thread makes no since to me i know what its asking but what doesnt make since to me is how dumb of a question is this really should we quit eating cause some foods taste bad no really dumb question not to be mean .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast