+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: should anime become games?

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: should anime become games?

I don't think it's a bad question. Consider movie games, because outside of time constraints for movie games or cartoon games, they are much the same in this regard. The developers are restricted by the shows and really aren't given the chance to shine with something greater.
    EX: Wayforward Technologies. They made a lot of games for DS and GBA based off licensed properties(IE, Shrek, Loony Toons, Spongebob, etc..), games that turn out decidedly 'meh'. When given the chance to make games that aren't based on that stuff, they turn brilliant. They made a game called Shantae which everyone loved, they made Contra 4(Maybe not original, but not a "show" based game), and they are making an intriguing game for Wiiware now called Lit.

It makes me wonder. If these obviously talented developers making anime games tried their hand at something original, could it be that they'd churn out better, more brilliant games rather then sticking with Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, etc?

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes they cant really do the whle story unless they are given permission to so yes thats one of the reasons but still bad question in my opion.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

This is more a game topic then a debate topic... Moving to Sensory Pleasures Forum
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

You sure because we are talking about if anime games should be made any more or not we are not really talking about the games themselfs.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

It’s true that when anime is turned into a game that it usually never reaches the caliber of the anime and/or manga, doesn’t stay loyal to the plot, and is just not good all around. Usually this happens when the anime has become overly popular and companies want to cash in as much money as they can while the anime’s popularity is still shooting through the roof. This leads to the making of a mediocre if not trashy game and its sales completely depend on its popularity rather than quality.

It is because of this that I usually do avoid the games that are based on anime because of that trend. Though I wouldn’t want companies to stop putting anime into a game format altogether because as mentioned before there are games that are based on anime that are very good.

I usually rent the games that are based on anime first to see if it good and then I decide whether or not I want to buy it. Than I don’t have to worry about wasting my money on a low quality game that I will never play.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

This is more a game topic then a debate topic... Moving to Sensory Pleasures Forum
    I'd debate that it's a debate! It's not an uber serious/ethical/phiosophical discussion, but a debate, it is, wouldn't you say? Basically, what GunGrave said.

Anyways....

Yes they cant really do the whle story unless they are given permission to so yes thats one of the reasons but still bad question in my opion.
    Another reason for stagnation in the anime game genre I think. They make tons of games, but they all have to follow the same plot(If you look at something like Naruto games, characters change as the story progresses, but plotwise, not too much is different.)

Perhaps worse though, is that most of the people buying the game know the plot anyways, so it's not really much of a shocker when something happens. When I buy a game, I like to be told a story that hasn't been told in anime form at some point. Maybe a side story, or something new that would hand some imaginative qualities over to the game companies making the game.

Thanks

Yes but then they could get sueded if they didnt have permission to make the game so it would be dumb to do it and what anime game did you play or games that you played to think that maybe they shouldnt make them anymore.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say its all depend on the anime and the console that the game is released on. Plus if the storyline for the show is any good for a game if it does follow the show or not. plus there the sound, graphic, effects of the game and other features for that game. on one console its may be bad but on a different console its may be good as well
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast