+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: should anime become games?

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should anime become games?

I think the games are made depending on how well an anime does. In the states anime isn't as popular as it is in Japan so we don't get alot of the better anime games. For example, Berserk for PS2 was considered an outstanding game and got great reviews from all sorts of places. The game covered alot of the things that the anime never had. It literally brought the manga to life. But it was never released outside of Japan. There are many DBZ games that never came out here as well and they look better than the games we got. Not to mention those games have more characters and better fighting systems. The same can be said for Bleach, Disgaea, and Naruto. I even bet there are more. There are 4 Bleach games for PSP and none were released outside of Japan. They even have a game where all the Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, and lots of other chracters get together into one huge fighting game.

What I'm trying to say is I think its great having games based on anime. But the problem is that most of us will never get a chance to play the good ones.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

They even have a game where all the Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, and lots of other chracters get together into one huge fighting game.
    True, Jump Ultimate Stars is definately the awesomest of the anime games. A bit simple, but it's like a portable anime Smash Bros!

On the portable side, I think Bleach DS got pretty good reviews over here as well. Perhaps anime fighting games fair better on a portable where simpler controls and so forth work to it's advantage. On consoles, I haven't seen anime-based games get reviews that are quite as high up.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yes many anime games are quiete entertaining dragonball z series of gameing has been a huge succsess on the markit, they should defienatley make more styles of anime games, Yu-gi-oh games also go down a treat as well, but unfortuanatley i have to say, i don't own any of these styled games there not my type, but thats not the point. many of my friends have these styled games that i ahve announced.

Otaku venelse may be famous one day venelse may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, from my point of view, there are advantages and disadvantages to it..
    Advantages -> Anime earned the money cos there are many people out there who are obsessed with playing games
    Disadvantages -> It might spoil our impression of that particular anime depending on how that particular anime's game is being plot..
    I'm not sure whether I'll be keen to play if my favourite anime, Kaze no Stigma is being featured in a game hahaha

Newbie xReiRyux is off to a good start
    Thanks
    Helll yea I think anime titles should be turned into games
    all they really need to do is try to make the game in a diffrernt perspective like make a game about highschool of the dead with a GTA feel to it when playing cause your trying to survive n u have different place to go different doors to walk through cars to drive

yes they should but they should get more into it like make a bleach game like Dbz tenkichi & GTA game mixed
    Last edited by LenMiyata; May 09, 2008 at 09:36 AM.
    " The Samurai's journey is blind to it's path."

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xReiRyux View Post
    Helll yea I think anime titles should be turned into games
    all they really need to do is try to make the game in a diffrernt perspective like make a game about highschool of the dead with a GTA feel to it when playing cause your trying to survive n u have different place to go different doors to walk through cars to drive
    Quote Originally Posted by xReiRyux View Post
    yes they should but they should get more into it like make a bleach game like Dbz tenkichi & GTA game mixed

I agree with xReiRyux, but even though that most animes SHOULD be turned into games, but there are some animes, that were made into games and really did not make it in the anime, or the video game world. But thats just me. I still would like to see animes transformed into games, but only certain ones can really pull it off.
    Last edited by Sol-x; May 07, 2008 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Thanks

I think an anime should only be turned into a game if it has an element of game "built it" (so to speak)
    For example, i think an internet-based computer game of the (dot)hack anime would be a very good game.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I think anime should become games only when it's a goos story line that is ,and it worked for some animes yet it didn't for others .. and i love the other way around to turn games into animes ,i think it would be great with a decent story line ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast