+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: should anime become games?

Otaku Lenne may be famous one day Lenne may be famous one day Lenne's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: should anime become games?

Yes and No!
    there are good anime games... and there are bad anime games..
    for example:
    Dot Hack wasn't all that bad! in facted I liked them
    Initial D I have this game for PS2! great game
    Naruto some of the Naruto games aren't that bad!
    FMA great anime series... crap game...

I think if they are gonna put the time and effort into it then yes....

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

depends on the anime, its fanbase, and how cheaply/easily the game can be made.

many animes are turned into mediocre games because it is a quick cash influx. we all know that hardcore naruto fans bout all the naruto:ultimate ninja games. (you know who you are)

many times because of the shows popularity, games are made. these games have massive amounts of flaws and sometimes arent even that fun to play.

so to answer the question, yes, animes should become games ONLY IF the company that has agreed to make it is reputable and popular, the game has redeeming characteristics that outweigh flaws, and the game is actually fun!
    Why hello there!

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

Just because there have been some poor anime based games does not mean they should stop trying. Dot hack was a very good game in my opion and I think One Piece colud be made into a great fighting or RPG.

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I, for one, would like to see some of my favorite animes become games. Granted there have been some lousy games made from animes and vice versa, but we never know which ones would be good and which ones wouldn't if the companies had never made them in the first place.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ron119125 View Post
    Just because there have been some poor anime based games does not mean they should stop trying. Dot hack was a very good game in my opion and I think One Piece colud be made into a great fighting or RPG.
    one piece was made into a fighting game. and it was god awful.

just because the anime is popular, doesn't mean there should be a game made out of it. i'll admit, there are exceptions (DBZ Budokai 3 and the Dot Hack series) but really, there should only be games if effort is put into them.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

You think they're bad don't you?..

Not impressed by anime based games?

For me there's nothing wrong with anime being turned into a game and vice-versa. There's a couple of bad renditions out there but as far as i know it there are a ton of good anime games, think about the Jump games, the SRWs, Ashita no Joe, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, and the list goes on..If some of you haven't really had the chance to get your hands on such good games, then think again. Excellent anime games exist. A lot of games are exclusive only to Japan, those games hardly even reach the countries closest to Japan so unless it's a direct purchase or something illegal you're not going to get one...yeah if you're extremely lucky, you might.

Another thing, regional preferences. I've mentioned this already on another thread, and i'm not talking about USA and Japan alone. The taste of the east is diff'rent from the west's, most if not all the anime based games are made in Japan and those games might've been made to appeal to their audience.

The east have a much more heavier fanbase by numbers and by sheer dedication when it comes to anime especially the Japanese. Because an anime is so popular, the fans, by sheer dedication alone will bite almost everything related to it. Some anime are so popular in the east, so popular to the point that it dictates trends in pop culture, fashion, gaming, etc.. Because of this, people will play an anime based game because of the bandwagon, because it's uncool not to. We all know how far a dedicated fan can go, a dedicated fan will take all the negativity in the game for granted because of his devotion to the anime. Let's face it, a lot of people PLAY IN THE NAME OF THE NAME, not IN THE NAME OF THE GAME.

There's a lot of other reasons why most anime games are less appreciated: Language barrier, the game being unfaithful to the anime, the game being not as good as *insert an oh-so-great game here*(comparison issues), yadda yadda....

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

hellz yeah...see the result for yourself.
    click here.
    and i dare anyone who disagree with this.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they should at least try out the gaming thing...but if they fail they should just go back to tv and mangas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4