+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should games be more simple or complex?

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should games be more simple or complex?

i am extremely adaptable, as such i LOVE games with complex controls. I massacre my friends that way because i can quickely grasp the controls of a game (and shift form a different game quickely too) and they never get past the most basic functions.

I love the ton of buttons, just to see what different combinations do as well :P

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that games should be made more complex rather then simple, since the generations are extending into a farther, and more unique state of knowing more in life. Then games should get more difficult to play, because i enjoy playing games that have tons of obstacles around the layout in the game, so it can make it more entertaining.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

games should be both, simple as that. there are more that hardcore gamers out there. what about newbies? if they find a game too complex they may give up gaming. that not a good thing. gamers desevre games with a variety if complexity, just like there r a variety of gamers.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaki tori kaizoku View Post
    games should be both, simple as that. there are more that hardcore gamers out there. what about newbies? if they find a game too complex they may give up gaming. that not a good thing. gamers desevre games with a variety if complexity, just like there r a variety of gamers.
    Hmm... having both items on the table, that is a good reply. On top of that having a game that has these two things are already made, though any game varies on how you play it as long how you know it is right for you.
    There has been several suggestions into making more complicated since simple games are running out; for example, the game we all know is Mario, Sonic are all of how became simple. With those two there was tetris and also like one hour video games. There was even a tough discussion into turning all simple games in modifying it to tougher versions because of the thinking of a person mind into completing a short hour game.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

if the simplicity you're talking about is only about control measures then i'd say not too simple and not too complex .. a moderate number of controls is good to enjoy playing some games ... good example for this is Devil May Cry 3 ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

i speak for myself and all the other hardcore gamers ou there. If a game were simple, where's the challenge in that. its true that u need a simple game time and abain for all the people whos just starting off, but what about the gamers whos in it for a long time.
    Complex games are the best, it keeps me guessing and i love it when my fingers throb due to hard core button mashing!!!
    but im speaking from experience, simple games can be as addictive as the complex games.
    Take viva pinata as an example. i wanted to play just an hour of it but it was so addictive i ended up playing for 3 hours straight.

Otaku Shannaal is off to a good start
    Thanks

Games should not be impossible, but if they are too simple they are not worth playing . a game has to at least test your skill as a gamer.
    The chibis, they want my COOKIES.

Newbie Steadfast is off to a good start
    Thanks

For starters difficulty, simplicity and complexity are all different things to different people.

For example some people find First Person Shooters too difficult to play and feel more comfortable with games like World of Warcraft. They also feel Wow is just the right amount of difficulty and challenge.

I on the other hand find WoW to be too simplistic and if I played another mmorpg I would like it to be much more complex and challenging. By the way my favorite type of games currently are the First Person Shooters.

As for more buttons, that depends on the game. Generally a deep strategy game is easier on the pc because it has more buttons vs. a controller on a console. Also generally FPS are easier on the pc because of the mouse and keyboard vs the controller. On the flip side, many action/adventure games are easier to use on the controller vs the keyboard.

Last but not least one needs to take into account the players skill set in a given type of game. Highly skilled players have a different idea of complexity and degree of challenge vs. those with little to no skill.

What I am saying is that their is no easy answer and no one type of game would satisfy all gamers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast