+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Significant Game

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Significant Game

This thread isn't a "What's your favorite" "What are you looking forward to" or any of that other stuff. This thread is a what was that game or games that have touched you the most, left something (hopefully something moral) in you that you thought about and hoped to acheive as well. It could be anything, an ideal, a practice, it is limitless as long as the person (us) were touched in some manner. Also give why.

The first one that comes to mind is Xenosaga, it has many, countless refrences to biblical and other religous sects that it is insane. It has touched me because that is how i am aiming my book for, to have something higher intellegucals would understand while giving the same enjoyment to younger fans as well.

Another that i just thought of is the Edler Scrolls series. It gives you a chance to become the person you wish to see yourself as in other worlds, it gives humans the best chance to let loose, not care for rules and just have the maximum amount of fun in what appears to be a free enviornment. not much games give that, though as a game it should at least come close.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Significant Game

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    This thread isn't a "What's your favorite" "What are you looking forward to" or any of that other stuff. This thread is a what was that game or games that have touched you the most, left something (hopefully something moral) in you that you thought about and hoped to acheive as well. It could be anything, an ideal, a practice, it is limitless as long as the person (us) were touched in some manner. Also give why.

The first one that comes to mind is Xenosaga, it has many, countless refrences to biblical and other religous sects that it is insane. It has touched me because that is how i am aiming my book for, to have something higher intellegucals would understand while giving the same enjoyment to younger fans as well.
    Yes XenoSaga is a great game. My favorite saying on there is a quote I use in my profile. "A single thought can change the future." Really a single thought can change the future!!! And all the biblical and other things in really made me open my eyes.
    Other game is the Tales of series. Symphonia made me think about discrimnation and treating other differently cause they are different. As for The Abyss, its almost the same as XenoSaga. That we can change our future, that we don't walk one path, that there are many paths for us.....there are others those are just the main......

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Newbie carcrazy1986 is off to a good start carcrazy1986's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to agree with the games that have already been posted, another game would have to be Xenogears (which by the way spawned Xenosaga series) and i think Okami was a good game to.
    The past doesn't exist because it's happened and not therefore only in our imaginations; The future doesn't exist because it's not happened; The present doesn't exist because once it's over it's in the past, which doesn't exist; We don't really exist! Oh no!!!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have to go with the Game Tales of the Abyss because along with the many people trying to push different views and or religious beliefs [One faction believes in an absolute path or predetermine by the planet while the others believes in being able to choose freely and not by restrictions] it also shows meanings of births and meanings of existances and proving of worth. It also shows many sides of human emotion such as guilt...a LOT of guilt from killing people in the game, and betrayal...there's a lot of that too such as one character from the very beginning of the story. after more than half the game reveals she's a spy. She was doing this for this reporting spying etc. There's also another big element of Betrayal but I can't say since it's crucial to the main storyline and would ruin it for others.

Overall, this game can teach a lot about the human body and it's "functualities" which is why I choose it as my significant game.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes!! That is why I love this game!!! I try to put as much Tales of the Abyss anywhere. It such a good game. I can't help but play it over and over!!!! Man i need to play it soon. I thought of another good game. Its Persona 3. I got this not to long ago and i beat it and the ending is so sad. I don't know how to describe it, but it some how change me. Change my look on life....

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Newbie Big Boss is off to a good start Big Boss's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely Xenosaga. Valkyrie Profile somehow touched me in a way, that I really have no idea on what did it touch me but I could feel it. Another game was Metal Gear Solid 3, t hough that sounds obvious by my username. It really taught on what I should focus on and what does it mean to be a soldier. Makes wanna go into the army when I grow up.

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say Halo,Zone of the Enders 1 and 2 and the Metal Gear series. Zone of the Enders touches on many things such as the loss of innocence,immorality of killing, the situations of vengeance and many other things. Metal Gear shows how BAD cloning is and how it affects everything. it also shows us alot of other things. Hideo Kojima is absolutely BRILLIANT!! he also did Zone of the Enders. it is refered to as "ZOE"

Meow. :3

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I am looking forward to play Street Fighter 4 which is coming out sometime during the summer in Japan. I have already played the 3 previous ones and they were awesome, my favorite character was Zangief given the fact that he is easy to use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast