+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill -the movie-

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Silent Hill -the movie-

Quote Originally Posted by hapa
    I'm a big fan of the game, but still haven't seen the movie. I heard that as of today it’s #1 at the Box Office. Anyone seen or have this: http://www.konami.com/silenthill/she/ ? It's a PSP "game" that has lots of Silent Hill extras, like the two comics, lots of behind the scenes-type stuff from the movie, and I guess music from the movie and games too.
    Don't change the subject. This thread covers the film, not the games.

Otaku Desert Ambush Champion kite may be famous one day kite may be famous one day kite's Avatar
    Thanks

i must see the movie the commercial looked really cool i know it's in the city thats like 30min away but i dont want to travel that far for the movie

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

ah... it's been a long time... *breathes the fresh AO air*
    lately I've been hanging out at the n00b heaven that is Gaia Online
    why? my friends dragged me there and now, I'm atttached to it for a while because my girlfriend wants bear pajamas that costs over 10,000 gold
    ah... good times

anyway... back on topic!

I saw the movie last saturday with my girlfriend and it made me laugh and all happy inside. That's a good thing. Most horror movies bore me when it's all cheap and predictable. But this movie... It was nice and gory. It's disturbing, but it's my kind of disturbing. It's not as gory as say... Elfen Lied (lol, I don't know. couldn't think of any other comparison), but it's pretty gory. The story, the music, everything... was just good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragn0r0x
    I thought the movie was pretty good. Probably the best video game turned to movie out yet.
    To put it more accurately, Silent Hill is the most faithful movie adaptation of a game ever made. You see movies like Resident Evil, Alone In The Dark, BloodRayne, and (heh) Super Mario Bros. and *shudders* Street Fighter... many things were changed to suit the needs of a wider audience, not exclusively the gamers.
    Silent Hill, on the other hand, is based on the whole series. The story plot is taken from the first game and there are some references and influences to all the sequels. Heh, even the entire soundtrack is comprised of songs from ALL four games.
    The story and the way that the plot progressed was nicely done. What suprised me the most was the way that they did the monsters and the rest of the special effects. Here's an intersting fact: almost all monsters shown in the movie is NOT CG, but in fact actors/dancers in latex and makeup. Amazing, huh? That little fact made me like the movie more. Video-game-based movies have been abusing CG lately and hearing that they approached Silent Hill differently than other movies made me relieved and gave me more faith in this movie.
    Silent Hill should only be viewed by people that have played the games or at least have some understanding of the games themselves. Me and my girlfriend left the theater satisfied. The ending was perfect IMO. It was... well, a way to describe it was that it was like something out of "The Twilight Zone" which is great and just classic Silent Hill.

My friend, who is also an avid Silent Hill fan who's played all four games, told me that she liked it, but not really not that much. Watching it made her feel like playing it. She wanted to control the heroine, Rose, and make her fight Pyramid Head.

Heh, something a bit off-topic, but kind of still on-topic at the same time: What amazed the most about the movie (when I was watching it) was that there was quite a number of non-gamers in the theater. There were middle-aged and elderly. There were preppy girls who looked like they've never touched a gaming console in their life (might be an exaggeration, but yeah...). These are the people that will bitch and moan and go "WTF?" at the ending. They'll give bad reviews because they don't exactly get the big picture. It's a damn shame. I could always just explain it to them, but I don't have the patience to drill the knowledge into their ignorant minds.

Anyway, the movie was good. I give it four thumbs up (two from me and two from my girlfriend).

+ It is perhaps the most faithful movie adaptation for a game ever made like Sin City is probably the most faithful movie adaptation for a comic book series.
    + Great music, good gore, okay acting, and a nice story.
    +/- There are scenes that's basically just the protagonist running from one point of the town to the other which might bore most people, but it is also reminiscent to the games (i.e. backtracking) so gamers should be pleased.
    - Acting is sometimes bland.
    - Open-ended ending made to make people figure it out by themselves. (OH NO!!)
    - Need to play the games or be accompanied by someone with an understanding of the games to fully comprehend the movie.

Good times.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Apr 26, 2006 at 04:03 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Banned Buffy_Fan may be famous one day Buffy_Fan may be famous one day Buffy_Fan's Avatar
    Thanks

omg i saw that i could not sleep for a few hours after the movie

Newbie hapa may be famous one day hapa may be famous one day hapa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Don't change the subject. This thread covers the film, not the games.
    Yes, you'll notice that what I posted ("The Silent Hill Experience") includes things from the movies, that's why I posted it here. It is not a game, nor about the games solely, it is an interactive umd. It contains a lot of footage from the movie, behind-the-scenes stuff, the soundtrack, and an interview with the director. It's like having the DVD extras before the DVD is out.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

haven't seen it anyone seen it already? it looks cool...I want to go see it...
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Newbie hapa may be famous one day hapa may be famous one day hapa's Avatar
    Thanks

I finally saw the movie. It was ok. I dunno, a little too Hollywoodized for me. I am a big enough Silent Hill fan that it was cool to see some of the backstory on characters from the first three games. I got more joy out of "The Silent Hill Experience" umd than I did out of the movie.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapa
    Yes, you'll notice that what I posted ("The Silent Hill Experience") includes things from the movies, that's why I posted it here. It is not a game, nor about the games solely, it is an interactive umd. It contains a lot of footage from the movie, behind-the-scenes stuff, the soundtrack, and an interview with the director. It's like having the DVD extras before the DVD is out.
    It's not about the SH film ---> It doesn't belong here.
    Even though it does contain film footage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast