+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill vs. Resident Evil

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Silent Hill vs. Resident Evil

Topic: Resident Evil/Biohazard versus Silent Hill. Which is creepier? More fun? More intelligent? More nightmare-inducing?

Fair Game: the game series, the films, the mythos.

=Be sure you hide your spoilers when discussing specific plot points=

Discuss.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Silent Hill vs. Resident Evil

Well I wasn't a big fan of the old resident evil games but since four came around they own. It has overall better gameplay in my opinion. When it comes to the creepiest I would have to give it to Silent Hill. I remember playing the second game and being scared out of my mind of pyramid heads. If we talk about the movies then the resident evil ones suck and the Silent Hill one was actually pretty good.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say silent hill for its plan out just creepy pyramid head was the creepy thing i have seen and it is not even a cool char. He just like flips out on a nurse thing in a room. Ok there was one scare part about the re4 game when the guy run out of the oven i was very creeped out.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm all for Resident Evil because I personally I enjoy killing without thoughts. Also, Resident evil is a gun-power game!(Laughs)
    I do think that Silent Hill is scary and cool but--- I'm not one that likes slow and thinking games. But I have to admit... The story line and characters are interesting. (Gotta love the zombie nurses!!!)
    So yea... I like Silent Hill's arcade game! <^v^>/
    Has anyone tried this yet?
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

those pyramid heads are indeed creepy. Silent hill would take the cake without a hitch, if it werent for the following

-Regenerators, resident evil 4
    -Lisa Trevor, "REmake" (gamecube)
    -Juggernaughts running at you with Chainsaws (resident evil 4)

these things are just as creepy as most, if not all, things as silent hill. the chainsaws more intimidating, but lisa and the regenerators *cold shiver* not cool.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only really played RE/Biohazard with the exception of playing the first Silent Hill and seeing the SH movie so my opinion is lopsided. Although I will say that Silent Hill has the upper hand in atmosphere and creepiness right off the bat.

I play RE like I pay my bills, methodically and quickly (Im an anal-retentive bastard) The story has always taken a back seat to the action and item/bullet management for me. I have loved most of the games in the series and can't get enough of busting caps into any incantation of zombie. Generally speaking RE/Biohazard is not scary or creepy, just thrilling. I won't get started on the horrible RE movies, I will make fans of them cry.

As for Silent Hill, I thoroughly enjoyed the creepy lighting, thick with mist haunting atmostphere, and less is more attitude. Silent Hill is more disturbing than RE by leaps and bounds. the stories, characters, dead babehs or whatever the hell they are. I also find the artwork for Silent Hill yummier in comparison. Its just more of an overall intriguing immersive experience. So yes Silent Hill wins as the game/ movie that gives me dead baby dreams.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

well, silent hill was made to be more disturbing and such. Resident evil is more of survival, with a few spooks.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

Silent Hill is better, the first time i played it i had nightmares for almost a week lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast