+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The SIMS

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The SIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Saionji View Post
    I never really got into the Sims, because half the time i played the game, it would be spent fulfilling stupid goals like taking a piss, eating, relaxing, or getting entertainment. And then once you filled one of those bars up, another one would be down again.
    Thats the whole game, you micromanage a sims life. Every aspect of it. Least with the sims 2, they're smart enough to do things that will boost things like Hygiene and Bladder.

Guess the sims isn't for everyone.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

I never really got into the Sims, because half the time i played the game, it would be spent fulfilling stupid goals like taking a piss, eating, relaxing, or getting entertainment. And then once you filled one of those bars up, another one would be down again.
    Exactly! But I enjoyed it mainly because whenever I play Sims, I feel like I AM GOD! (Laughs)

I'm so wicked.

Baa~!

What's the cruelest thing you've ever done to your SIMS?
    Burn, starve, drown, deprive him/her of social, leave them out in the cold.... How cruel do you think this game will allow us to be? If I can dissect them, it would be awesome! (Laughs)
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

A few months ago, I made "junk" families, placed them in seperate households, and started systematically killing them one-by-one. There were pop-ups calling me sadists a few times, and also pop-ups about Death that sounded like something you'd post on a dating service website. and on the last house, after the Grim Reaper had taken the last sim, he sat down and watched some good 'ol TV... Kidztube... After a while he got up and disappeared. I thought that was pretty interesting.

There was this one time my kid somehow got bitten by a Contessa. There was no animation, he didn't turn into a vampire, not even when he matured into a Teenager, but he still had that memory. And the cruelest thing I've done so far? Kept on making babies that were eventually taken away by child services. So many orphans... It was unreal. A few of them, I let them grow into Teenagers and killed them off in several fires. I sent all the gravestones to this one lot I had created especially for that family...

Oh, and two years ago, I kept on killing NPCs, visitors, and my servants. I didn't interact with any of them, but when they were about to leave, I placed them in this walled area with a hottub. Sometimes, I placed plates of rotten food into the enclosure, but I stopped doing that a little later on. They eventually all died, either from food poisoning or starvation.

Sometimes I'm nice. Sometimes I'm cruel. Sometimes I feel like making zombie dogs. But I love building lots all the time.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Before reading this thread, I had no idea there were people who enjoyed killing off their Sim creations. Now that I think of it, I probably might have enjoyed it more if I gave that sort of approach a shot. I'll teach them to speak that stupid Simish language of theirs!

I used to play the Sims 1 many years ago, since it was one of those games that you could just sink hours and hours into if you were between games, and so forth. I guess it had that Roller Coaster Tycoon sort of appeal to me, where the longer you played, the bigger your house/creation became. It's can be sort of rewarding in that sense. I eventually got tired of the repetition though, so I stopped playing and swore never to play it again.

Also, EA, after making a bazillion expansion packs, has finally announced The Sims 3. I found a mini-preview here. Yes, now you can interact with/kill off entire neighborhoods and towns!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Luminous For This Useful Post:

abby724 (Mar 23, 2008)

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Excuse me while I OMFG! It's like, it's like... Ho, I've been so hooked on SPORE news that I... didn't bother... Seamless neighborhoods? I've always wanted that! And the customization seems to be down to every minutiae... Kwee! I can finally make my sims kleptomaniacs! Oh, and the new plumbob is so darn smexy... And those landscape thumbs on the side of the official website... I sincerely, sincerely hope, with all of my... being, that Maxis will hire Rooster Teeth to make a series for this one. Oh, and that new revamped look on our sims... Awesome, just awesome! Can't wait to see the new ghosts...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    The Sims: everyone's favorite fake-people living fake-lives with our real time O_o;

Are you a Sims player? Do you find the experience slightly depressing?
    ... >_> Hmmm... Depressing? ... when one of my houses falls into ruin because relationship problems: Seeing my character in such an utter depressing and drowning himself deeper and deeper into that depression as his wife leaves him, his children die, he loses his job, he has to sell his house and move to a smaller neighborhood... - Yeah, that's pretty depressing.
    ...I can't help it, my character was always a playa', previous relationships often fight with current ones!

Oh, you mean the whole "living a lie"-thing? ... uhhhmmm.... nope. My standards aren't that high in my life, so seeing someone "who's living my dream" doesn't really depress me since that was only a "temporary high" for me.

I enjoy watching little-me's run a successful life while I'm just watching them... do you know why? Because by the end of the day: The one who's truly happy and enjoying life to its fullest isn't the man who's always working - it's the guy who's playing on the computer in his spare time. :P

Are you a benevolent SIM mommy or daddy? Or do you play the cruel and vengeful SIM-Lord?
    I'm a daddy. But sometimes I'm the cruel and vengeful SIM-Lord... but that depends on what I'm wearing really... I remember in the GameCube version (Bustin' Out), I locked my mother in a room with no doors and just lived my own life so I didn't have to pay for her problems. :P
    She was heavily-resistant to death.

What's the cruelest thing you've ever done to your SIMS?
    The most interesting?
    Aren't those the same?
    I'll try to separate them...

Cruelest: It was my older brother's character. He said he got bored of his character and that I could do whatever I wanted with him... so I made his sim call all his guy-friends over... I made them all wear their bathing suits (most of them were wearing pink speedos)... I made them dance to the radio, which had the mp3 ( or was it WAV file? ) of NIGHT ON FIRE (you know, that Initial D song)... it looked really... *ahem*... interesting...
    So then I decided that one of the men start up all of the kitchen appliances and the chimney in the room (which I recently put in there)...... and if anyone knows anything about The Sims, it's that: Couch in front of Fire Place = Fire
    ... and so I made them all keep dancing as the fire consumed the room and eventually them.
    ... oh, and there was no door for the fireman to get into.

Interesting: A neighbor of mine was flirting with my wife... So I locked him in my garden maze... and there he died... a sad, lonely death.
    Oh oh! And one time, I tried to block Death from getting to my friend, but apparently he can actually POOF into the room if he can't get in!
    And and and one time, I got all these hacked items online and they would do several things, like the STICKY chair would make characters not be able to leave the chair ever again! And the tesla coil which would electrecute my neighbors when they got too close! And the gender-changer machine!
    Ahhh~ The early days of The Sims were the best...

I like MySims!

Thanks

Sticky Chair? Sex Changer? Oh, I remember those items... Good times, good times... And the whole making the guy sims dance in pink speedoes to NIGHT ON FIRE while they were being consumbed by flames... Gawd, most hilarious image I've pictured in a while... And oh yay, the bladder bar is going away... Though I will miss my sims wetting themselves. Londoste restaurant, kept on making my werewolf sim howling, so much pee... Oh, dear, dear, Bob Newbie... Summoned his evil twin several times, also turned Betty into a monster that always broke my TV sets... Oh, and the love potions were awesome. Twas a bit awkward with Bella had a few girls fall in love with her, but what the heck.

Another one of the cruelest things I've done is... Well, perhaps not as cruel as a few things I've done before, but I think inbreeding your sims has to be at least a tad bit depraved. Forgot where I got the mod, it was some German Sims 2 fansite... But yeah. Screwed up my Family Trees big time. "She's my sister— My daughter. My sister— My daughter. —My sister and my daughter."

Oh, was I a lot junkie... Sims 1, made the best boardwalks, clubs, chocolate shops, parks, and whateveryou could imagine... And in the Sims 2, I focused on building estates and mansions. Looked to the local houses for inspiration. Was frustrated there was no option to make a "terrain foundation" —Ever seen those houses with walls around raised yards? Almost like the front yard is a balcony of dirt... The Sims 3 will drive me mad... I want pink-skinned aliens! Molepeople! Genetically-engineered sims! Realistic vomit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2