+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Songs That Affect You

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Songs That Affect You

Mina Konnichiwa! In our daily lives, we are bombarded by a variety of songs that each holds a certain message. Each message is different. One could be telling about the betrayal of a lover while another could be talking about a drunken guy in a recliner eating Cheetos. Who knows?

The point is that songs have meaning and everyone hears a song that affects them personally. It may be because it reminds them of someone, an event in their life, or simply mentions an idea or issue that holds significance in their heart. Songs are something that speak to us all.

So here’s my question. What songs have affected you or have struck a chord with you? Please explain why it affected you.

One song that comes to mind immediately is Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. I love the message that I get from this song. About finding the strength in oneself to call yourself beautiful no matter what people say. And in my opinion the word beautiful doesn’t have to just be about your looks. It could be beauty of the mind, personality, or just being you.

Concrete Angel by Martina McBride has always struck a chord with me. I have been fortunate in the fact that I have never had to deal with domestic abuse in any shape or form. But I have seen the results of it with my peers. I always end up crying when I hear that song.

I could put more but I don’t want to take over five hours writing this so I think I will just post mine little at a time. Until then, I want to hear from you guys.

Newbie Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring may be famous one day Ivy Spring's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Songs That Affect You

"Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace has always a song that sticks out for me. It basicually tells you not ti give up, even though your situation may seem hopeless and there is no way for you to get out.

Manga - my anti-drug because when your addicted to manga how can you possibly afford drugs??

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm, well it depends on my mood.

if i'm sad Gary Jules's "Mad World" will get me out of it.

if im happy, ill blast some Maximum the Hormone.

really, its either to enhance one mood or end another.
    Why hello there!

Newbie rikus demonic lover is off to a good start rikus demonic lover's Avatar
    Thanks

The two songs that will bring me to tears is "Stolen" by Dashboard and "Crossroads" by Bonethugs they are the only 2 songs that make me cry one is memorance of my cousin who passed away 3 years ago to this day i never forget i could never save her.....(emo massive sorry)
    I wish a life of a love of a life. Send a light to through the darkest of nights. Let a kiss fly from the heart. Love me like you loved me in our past lives. Send this pain back to me these cold lonely nights. Haunt all my fanasties leave all my dreams shadow yourself once again into me....

Newbie otakuQT may be famous one day otakuQT may be famous one day otakuQT's Avatar
    Thanks

i can relate to some songs by SUM 41 and L'Arc~en~Ciel

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Evanescence has always been there for me and this band has affected me in no many ways.......Amy Lee's voice is absolutely amazing.....when she sings, you can almost fell the pain or the anger in her voice and you can almost relate to it....

Going Under - this is my number 1 song....anytime that I feel like there is not way out for me....I listen to this song and it makes me feel so much calmer and more grounded lets just say and I can relate to it because I have been in a relationship like her lyrics where I feel like I am being drowned and there is no way out....
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Newbie amatsubu is off to a good start amatsubu's Avatar
    In the most corrupt, and scheming boarding school ever...cause my parents hate me v.v
    Thanks

songs that effect me..it depends on effect.
    Beloved form kingdom hearts makes me sleepy. Pretty girl by sugarcult makes me hurt from old memories. Pretty rave girl makes me happy and reminds me of good times. I miss you by blink 182 makes me cry and miss my old firends and life> i think those are the songs that effect me the most.

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i know the song Wheres the Love by the Black-eyed Peas made me think a lot about what that song was trying to tell and it really made make a difference about what i do and how i act

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast