+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog Discussion

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Sonic The Hedgehog Discussion

I recently bought the Sonic game for ps3. i heard bad things about it but i assumed that people were just being ****s because of sonic's declining popularity. but..i soon learned that this game was horribe. i knew this when i first bought it at gamecrazy. i asked the guy

"Hey how much is Sonic the hedgehog for Playstation 3" he replied
    "12.99 New"

That in itself led me to belive somethin was up bc i dont ever see a ps3 game under 30 bucks. i turn the game on. and there is no intro just the words sonic the hedgehog and music in the BG but i still was not discouraged. as i played the game i enjoyed it ....for 30 minuites. the very first level. pissed me off....when you do the speed stuff and u cant control it. i died there several times....its a cool concept but....to loose and can die WAY to easily next what botherd me was the lack of a decent map and radar system. i could go on for longer but i am takin interest in making a AMV at this moment.

They need to make a game exaclty like Sonic adventure with the same mecanincs just updated graphics storyline and so on and so forth. BRING BACK THE CHAO BABIES!!!
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sonic The Hedgehog Discussion

I just seen the trailer on youtube, hoping its the right one, its one where you rescue the princess right? with blaze and silver as well? if it is, its look good as a game play and i would buy it no matter what other people said about the game, and your still learnig to control the characters at any speed like controlling cars at high speed. so at first people have some trouble at controlling charactes but will get better the longer you play. I had trouoble playing games at first even after reading the manual book for the game
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

the game itself looks very pretty, however, i had heard that it was a first-rate whack job.

i think the problem is that sonic was great on the 2-D system, but developers just wont make a 2-D platformer anymore. i think if they did it right, they could pull it off. or look at how mario transformed into 3-D. the sonic team needs to take a look at the competetion, and take a few tips from them.

as for myself, i love Sonic the Hedgehog. i would love to see a dramatic rebirth.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

The way I see it, soon as Sonic left 2D and entered 3D, he and his games turned to suck.

I still wish I had my genesis, the old school Sonic games were amazing.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Ah, poor Sonic, he certainly has seen better days. I haven't played the 360/PS3 one, but I heard it was terrible. I'm not about to give up on the spiky one though. I have Sonic Rush on the DS(Twas only $20 new when I got it!), and it plays quite a bit like the older 2D ones, just not quite as good. I've also played Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii, and I really enjoyed the couple hours I had with it. That was a sort of on-rails 3d game, and the graphics were nice. It controlled pretty great too.

I think Sonic is due for a comeback too. I mean, Bioware(Who made Mass Effect, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate and other wickedly awesome games) is making a Sonic RPG for the DS, called Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, and they have a next gen Sonic in the works called Sonic Unleashed, which looks to be some sort of 2d/3d hybrid(It's multiplatform, by the way, PS3, 360, Wii, PS2). It's gathering a lot of hype, and I think how well its recieved could well make or break the hedgehog.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    and they have a next gen Sonic in the works called Sonic Unleashed, which looks to be some sort of 2d/3d hybrid(It's multiplatform, by the way, PS3, 360, Wii, PS2). It's gathering a lot of hype, and I think how well its recieved could well make or break the hedgehog.
    It's called "2.5D"
    Yeah, it's getting a lotta' hype... mainly because Sonic's 3D games haven't yet broken the speed that the Sonic 2D games have reached. And to many people: Sonic is all about speed.

The 2.5D (which switches in and out of 3D sometimes) allows great control (which producers have been looking for) WITH the burst-speed that Sonic is known for (which fans have been looking for).

Of course, in that game, you turn into a were-Sonic. Which supposedly, offers a whole new style of game... apparently, were-Sonic ain't as fast, but much more agile.
    Also, this Sonic game won't be a continuation like the other Sonic games. It'll be a whole new Sonic game (and story) all on its own.

...I'm thinking I might get the Wii or the 360 version (seeing that I don't have a PS3... yet).
    Soshi Kitai says: Could somebody please bring back the DELETE button? I keep forgetting to log out of her darn Remember Me profile! T_T
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Apr 15, 2008 at 01:21 PM.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude they should just make a Sonic Adventure 3 and make this new sonic game somting that isn't apart of the SA games. the best sonic games to me werer the SA games and i think they should bring back that old formular. the soundtrack for SA2 was sweet though.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

To this day, Sonic 3 and Knuckles is still my favorite game of all time. I've owned a PS3, and I have a 360, so it's not just because I'm stuck in the past either. I've never played a game that gave me the same sense of mindless joy, and provided a healthy balance of all things awesome. Mini games (special Stages), Co-op (fly me Tails), Multiplayer (racing thingy), Super Sayians (do I have to explain the similarities?). Oh, and don't forget that the Genesis always had the greatest videogame soundtracks ever, and they were usualy housed by the Sonic franchise. Sonic can return to his former glory, if only Sega would realize that graphics don't make the game. Nobody complained about the old stuff, and I think the success of the Sonic Mega Collection was a clear indicator of the fact that old Sonic is still great. I advise anyone who owns a Wii, or still has their Gcube to go pick up a copy of Sonic Mega Collection, if you think this 3-D garbage is all Sonic has to offer, you're about to get learned in the ways of the old school. Man, somebody should go call the Megaman guys too, but that's neither here nor there, I've pretty much said all I needed to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast