+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony Has Lost Their Minds

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Sony Has Lost Their Minds

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12688905/

Sony announces price, release date for PS3

Next-gen console to cost more than Xbox 360, but execs tout features

MSNBC News Services
    Updated: 8:23 a.m. ET May 9, 2006

CULVER CITY, Calif. - Putting an end to months of speculation, Sony Corp. executives on Monday announced a release date and a price for the upcoming PlayStation 3, but gamers will have to pay a hefty price to take advantage of its much-touted technological innovation.

Sony said its next-generation game console would be released in North America and Europe on Nov. 17, in time for the key holiday shopping period. They had previously announced it would be released in the fall, without giving a specific date. Gamers in Japan will get a head start; the PS3 is to be released there on Nov. 11.

The console will come in two versions, one with a 20-gigabyte hard drive for $499 and one with a 60-gigabyte drive, for $599. The 20-gigabyte version will retail for 59,800 yen in Japan and 499 euros in Europe.

The new price tag means that the cheapest PS3 will sell for $100 more than its current top-of-the-line rival, Microsoft's Xbox 360, which was released last fall. Nintendo is also planning a new game console, the Wii, but has not announced pricing or a release date.

Sony executives said the PS3's technological features will give it an edge over its rivals, touting such features as the console's speedy “Cell” processor, Blu-ray disk format for high-definition video and an online network that will include video chat and micropayments.

They also showed off new PS3 games, including a demonstration high-definition version of the racing game “Grand Turismo” and the sword fighting action game “Heavenly Sword," and a new motion-sensitive wireless controller.

“We’re really trying to push what this machine is capable of,” said Phil Harrison, president of Sony Computer Entertainment’s Worldwide Studios.

The presentation came just two days before the start of the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, the video game industry’s largest annual conference.

Nintendo and Microsoft plan similar news conferences Tuesday. (MSNBC.com is a Microsoft - NBC joint venture.)

The Xbox 360 got an early start on the next-generation console wars and has sold 3.2 million units worldwide since it was released in November. But until recently, Microsoft has been unable to meet demand.

Sony officials said they would have 4 million PS3 units ready by the end of 2006 and another 6 million by March 31, 2007.

Skrew sony. I wouldnt pay that if my life depended on it. $299.99 is still too much for me. $500 for a game system, get f***ing real. Sony is going to out price them selves. The only ones that will afford that are the criminals and the rich ppl. How do they expect a normal kid to afford that?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Sony Has Lost Their Minds

They will, don't you worry about that. Eventual price drops will help too of course.
    Things get more expensive all the time.

Newbie Amy Rose may be famous one day Amy Rose may be famous one day Amy Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

wow thats just plain stupid........ way too much on my budget lol

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly! that is near Exact to what my dad said! i totally agree with you! I've been saving for over 4 years and only got near $300.00 Sony is out of their minds. i'm not paying for that no matter how much i want it. and actually wanted it for a second just because there was gonna be a new ratchet and clank game on it...so much for that >.>
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm buying the games when they mark them down, and the system probably in a year or two. When the system falls under 299. Thats the max ill pay.

I did it with ps2. I bought it when it fell under 200, i had like over 50 games stock piled in my closet ready to go. lol

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, Sony is definetely going to lose the "console war". Is Sony just trying to out do the Xbox 360? If they are it's only going to hurt them, no one is going to pay that much for a console even if it has all those features. People were just fine with a 200$ PS2 so I have no idea why they feel the need to try and out do everyone and crank up the price out of any normal gamers reach. The only way they can hope to sell as much as they're hoping for is to aim for a price range closer or bellow the Xbox 360's, and since there has already been millions of Xbox 360's sold that's a few less million people who are even going to glance at the PS3. Sony is doomed.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 09, 2006 at 03:37 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

people will pay the high price because its better then the 360 and it well go down in price a few months it comes out not only that the PS2 is still making lots of money so why should the cut there own throats?

Code Name Wind

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres what you do!
    Wait for the good games to come out and updated versions of the ps3 then get it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast