+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sony Has Lost Their Minds

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sony Has Lost Their Minds

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Playstation controllers are really comfortable, and I don't think that boomerang would have been too great to try and figure out.
    Did sony change the controller design becuase of criticism? Becuase I know tons of people were saying how idiotic the boomerang design was.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exopsyphobia
    Did sony change the controller design becuase of criticism? Becuase I know tons of people were saying how idiotic the boomerang design was.
    Yeah prob. I have a 360 and it seems the more controllers that microsoft has made for their game consoles, the more they have moved twards the ps2 controller. The 360's is pretty close. Not as durable though. I throw mine a lot.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroenix
    Yeah prob. I have a 360 and it seems the more controllers that microsoft has made for their game consoles, the more they have moved twards the ps2 controller. The 360's is pretty close. Not as durable though. I throw mine a lot.
    I freak out if someone throws my controllers lol. I even spazzed on my little brother once who is three. I treat my controllers like gold (or a baby, which ever one suits the purpose more).

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exopsyphobia
    I freak out if someone throws my controllers lol. I even spazzed on my little brother once who is three. I treat my controllers like gold (or a baby, which ever one suits the purpose more).
    lol. Yeah I try not to since they are like $50 a piece. If your losing though it really relieves stress. It also helps you lose weight. Just in your bank account.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Yes, but don't the majority of gamers consist of pre-teen/teens?

actually no...the target demographic for video game consoles is the same demographic that Spike tv caters to, for example...think of it...brand new video games cost upwards of 50 bucks...most parents can't afford to buy these very often (mostly for birthdays or christmas or something), while a 26-year old guy living on his own with a job could afford to buy one or 2 games a month...why do you think there are so few 'kid friendly' games? why are there so many m-rated games? cuz the target audience ISN'T teens/preteens...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave_akuma
    actually no...the target demographic for video game consoles is the same demographic that Spike tv caters to, for example...think of it...brand new video games cost upwards of 50 bucks...most parents can't afford to buy these very often (mostly for birthdays or christmas or something), while a 26-year old guy living on his own with a job could afford to buy one or 2 games a month...why do you think there are so few 'kid friendly' games? why are there so many m-rated games? cuz the target audience ISN'T teens/preteens...
    Your reply is very, um, "confused" I think. So, your reasoning is that parents who have jobs who most likely are still living with their spouse with the combined income of 2 jobs, or who are single parents and receiving child support are to poor to buy video games once or twice a month. But a twenty six year old person living by themselves with only one income source can afford more? A middle class American family could easily afford a new game console or new games once or twice a month. Also, there are plenty of sixteen - eighteen year olds out there who have decently paying jobs and so they can also afford to buy new consoles or video games once a month. Therefore your statement is severely misplaced.

Also, let's think about this shall we? Why do you think game developers include so much and gore and violence in their video games? It's becuase kids love it . Teenagers like myself can hardly resist a game with crazy guns and opponents with blue blood to splatter all over the 3D walls. Game developers also know that parents these days are to... shall we say, "sidetracked", to take a second glance at the "M" rating on the cover. Infact game developers count on it in order for their game to be successful. And If their kid wants it, they get it. That simple, it's the American way of life.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 13, 2006 at 04:02 PM.

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Your reply is very, um, "confused" I think. So, your reasoning is that parents who have jobs who most likely are still living with their spouse with the combined income of 2 jobs, or who are single parents and receiving child support are to poor to buy video games once or twice a month. But a twenty six year old person living by themselves with only one income source can afford more? A middle class American family could easily afford a new game console or new games once or twice a month. Also, there are plenty of sixteen - eighteen year olds out there who have decently paying jobs and so they can also afford to buy new consoles or video games once a month. Therefore your statement is severely misplaced.

Also, let's think about this shall we? Why do you think game developers include so much and gore and violence in their video games? It's becuase kids love it . Teenagers like myself can hardly resist a game with crazy guns and opponents with blue blood to splatter all over the 3D walls. Game developers also know that parents these days are to... shall we say, "sidetracked", to take a second glance at the "M" rating on the cover. Infact game developers count on it in order for their game to be successful. And If their kid wants it, they get it. That simple, it's the American way of life.

actually no...first of all, a middle american, 2-income family will have alot more monthly bill to pay than a single guy living on his own ( or with a roommate)...that's the reason they are a '2-income' family to begin with---because they NEED the extra income just to pay all their bills...add to that the expense of raising a kid (or kids) and you'll see why i said it's easier for a single guy to drop 50 bucks every now and then --- because the single guy has more DISPOSABLE INCOME than the 2 income family... of course, being a teenager yourself, you wouldn't know of such things...but think what you want, the target demographic for x box and playstation is males aged 18-35 (the same demographic for spike tv and stuff magazine, etc.)...seriously, the only games that are truly targeted at kids are games like pokemon, kirby, nintendogs and the mario games, not GTA or Call of Duty...

Newbie Asakura may be famous one day Asakura may be famous one day Asakura's Avatar
    Thanks

It is just the starting price. It'll go down. But even for a starting price, that's outrageous. That's a decent computer.....sheesh.
    What is evil? Is being loyal to what
    you say is right all it takes to make me good?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast