+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: soul calibur 4 sexists?

Newbie silent_man may be famous one day silent_man may be famous one day
    Thanks

soul calibur 4 sexists?

if you look at the concept arts for the female characters for soulcalibur 4 you might notice an increase in bust size and the clothing to be more revealing.
    i'm not sure but i belivie the creators are going trying to make the female characters a bit more sexy.

ckeck it out and give your opinion:
    Soul Calibur Universe - Image Gallery - Soul Calibur IV - Character Illustrations

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: soul calibur 4 sexists?

You have to think about the target audience this game is geared towards: Young and Adult Males.

And the males got the same treatment as well: Being more muscular and most of them have exposed chests.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Not to mention they don't just increase the bust size without increasing body size. Look at Ivy, it looks like she let herself go since the last game.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

they're trying to make the characters look more realistic. You'll argue the big boobs being totally unrealistic, and they are. I'm only speaking for actual body size. For example if you had ivy from soulcal 3 well she wouldn't be able to fly a kite without getting blown away let alone face a 3 gigaton giant with a giant axe (a slight overexaggeration but you get the point) also bigger means better as far as graphics go, it's much easier to achieve a complete less choppy effect if, you have more space to work with.

... and join my rebellion against time.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm happy about it. Am I a perve? Yes. do I like big boobs? yes. am I ashamed? NOPE! ^_^ right on to the ppl of SC, Rock on...HELL YEAH!

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I noticed that as well, and quite frankly, I find it rather perverted. I know it’s geared toward male audiences but it doesn’t excuse the fact that its still exploitation of women.

And also it begs the question as to how the hell a paper thin leather offer protection from a sward.

Last edited by Scourge; May 08, 2008 at 06:51 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

C'mon now, lets all admit it, sex and sexy material sells, its simple as that. Like ace says, the target consumers of the game is young and adult males, what better to get their attention with than sexy ladies? Muwehehehehe

But lets also not forget, Soul Calibur is a very well balanced Fighter game and it'd sell regardless of the "enhancements" of the characters. Its high-quality graphics and the simple yet in-depth controls are just some of the things that make it attracting, its just not the sexy ladies in skimpy outfits, thats more in the lines of the Dead or Alive series...which by the way isnt half bad as a game either. Hehehe. To add they've outdone themselves with some of the guest characters and designers. One such would be Yoshizaki Mine's (creator of series like Keroro Gunsou/Sergeant Frog) Angol Fia.

-You can find a couple of screenshots and Yoshizaki-sensei's art of her on the HP: Yoshizaki Mine's HP
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Lenne may be famous one day Lenne may be famous one day Lenne's Avatar
    Thanks

two things I have learned about the media! SEX SELLS!
    It's not just Soul Calibur! Look at Dead or Alive! Even
    that break dancer girl from tekken is wearing a bikini top!
    I'm sure there is more other than those two... Oh yeah!
    Final fantasy X-2! that is a big change from the original!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast