+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: soul calibur 4 sexists?

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: soul calibur 4 sexists?

Though the characters of Soul Calibur are designed to be rather attractive, especially the ladies, but that's nowhere as bad as some games I've seen around. I've played a wrestling game where it turned out you gotta rip your female opponents clothes off, 1 player winning once the other's girl is standing there in rather skimpy underwear. The guy who challenged me didn't tell me that part, though I stumbled on it to win...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, Soul calibur may not be the only one, there pthers games with the same thing your talikng about out there
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post
    Though the characters of Soul Calibur are designed to be rather attractive, especially the ladies, but that's nowhere as bad as some games I've seen around. I've played a wrestling game where it turned out you gotta rip your female opponents clothes off, 1 player winning once the other's girl is standing there in rather skimpy underwear. The guy who challenged me didn't tell me that part, though I stumbled on it to win...

You were probably playing WWE Smackdown. That game mode is actually not the same considering how the real type of match already existed. It wasn't created to sell.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Are they trying to compete with the ladies from Dead or Alive? 'cause it looks like they are.

It may just be a new art style but it definitely seems like they are trying to get all the males hooting and hollering for bigger bust sizes Lol. Those things are just gonna get in the way...or perhaps they will be weapons? Haha I'm rambling.

Newbie silent_man may be famous one day silent_man may be famous one day
    Thanks

you all bring up good points.
    but i feel that there are some women who enjoy playing soulcalibur might be offended.
    yes the targeted audience are males i get that but if you get the game just because the girls look sexy then you actually play the game, you might think why did i buy this game for.
    look at DOA there is no blalance to these girls. there all girls with big breasts and cute faces there are no girls with a decreased size of breasts like in soulcalibur (Talim is the only example). in fact Tecmo released DOA beach Extreme Volleyball 1 and 2 only to show off there game girls figure.
    Talim maybe the only one in soulcalibur 4 who's bust isn't increased.

once again you all bring up good points

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent_man View Post
    you all bring up good points.
    but i feel that there are some women who enjoy playing soulcalibur might be offended.
    yes the targeted audience are males i get that but if you get the game just because the girls look sexy then you actually play the game, you might think why did i buy this game for.
    look at DOA there is no blalance to these girls. there all girls with big breasts and cute faces there are no girls with a decreased size of breasts like in soulcalibur (Talim is the only example). in fact Tecmo released DOA beach Extreme Volleyball 1 and 2 only to show off there game girls figure.
    Talim maybe the only one in soulcalibur 4 who's bust isn't increased.

once again you all bring up good points
    While you bring up good points too, I would have to respectfully disagree. Here are my reasons:

1) If we use the same logic, then our male characters will not all have perfect hair. Some of them would even be fat or out of shape. But there are none (unless you count those token fat characters). You can ask any male gamer and they will tell you they are not offended (hopefully). Which brings me to my second point.

2) True female gamers don't really give a hoot. If they care about something so little they are either not a real gamer or they really haven't seen everything yet. You know those female gamer clans that compete professionally?? They get sexist jokes/comments thrown at them all the time. They keep their poise and play on.

3) And my third point is if we get pissed off over every single thing then there won't be games. GTA is full of "stereotypes", Mario Luigi with their accents, etc. I mean, do we need a Cooking Papa to pair up with Cooking Mama?

As for Talim, she's probably Asian that's why. [JUST JOKING!]

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie silent_man may be famous one day silent_man may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    While you bring up good points too, I would have to respectfully disagree. Here are my reasons:

1) If we use the same logic, then our male characters will not all have perfect hair. Some of them would even be fat or out of shape. But there are none (unless you count those token fat characters). You can ask any male gamer and they will tell you they are not offended (hopefully). Which brings me to my second point.

2) True female gamers don't really give a hoot. If they care about something so little they are either not a real gamer or they really haven't seen everything yet. You know those female gamer clans that compete professionally?? They get sexist jokes/comments thrown at them all the time. They keep their poise and play on.

3) And my third point is if we get pissed off over every single thing then there won't be games. GTA is full of "stereotypes", Mario Luigi with their accents, etc. I mean, do we need a Cooking Papa to pair up with Cooking Mama?

As for Talim, she's probably Asian that's why. [JUST JOKING!]

another good point. i didnt really put mario and luigi in perspective here.
    you must really love your games dude.
    but what do you think about tekken?

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Nowadays, it seems there's people doing nothing but going around looking for things to label "Inappropriate" or "Politically Incorrect". Sure, whining people have always been around, but lately they seem to have too much power. Like Legend said, if something was removed every time someone has a problem with it, they'd never be any video games, movies, or anything to entertain us. Then they'd have to find something else to blame when hundreds of board people just start trashing the place...

Sorry, random yet relavant rant...

Oh, & Talim's only 15 at the time of the 2nd Soul Calibur, though I think she's only slightly older by SC4, she is Asian though. The 29-during-SC2 Taki is Asian too. Started digging around a link earlier in this topic, & found stat pages for most of the SC2 characters. Didn't know that freek Voldo was 50 during SC2...

Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    You were probably playing WWE Smackdown. That game mode is actually not the same considering how the real type of match already existed. It wasn't created to sell.
    So that type of match already existed for real? Damn, Might be interesting to watch...

Just kidding. Wrestling doesn't interest me much...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast