+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: soul calibur 4 sexists?

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: soul calibur 4 sexists?

well lets see.....sex=pleasure....pleasure=good....good=buyb uybuybuy

lol, so yes, peiople use sex as a tool. it doesnt mean that the SC creators are sexist.
    Why hello there!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (May 12, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Like I said, its not so much sexiest as it is exploitation which I find to be stupid but in the grand scheme of thing people don’t care because all they want is money, what ever sells the best they will use and in this case its sex or sexy sluty crap. Now I am not one of those people trying to label things appropriate or inappropriate, what I am saying is that it’s not necessary. But like I said, what ever causes the sell to increase they will use and people get their "pleasure."
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Like I said, its not so much sexiest as it is exploitation which I find to be stupid but in the grand scheme of thing people don’t care because all they want is money, what ever sells the best they will use and in this case its sex or sexy sluty crap. Now I am not one of those people trying to label things appropriate or inappropriate, what I am saying is that it’s not necessary. But like I said, what ever causes the sell to increase they will use and people get their "pleasure."
    Cuz money leads to real women? [JOKE! ^_^;]

No one is getting exploited here. Honestly?? We going to have a non-profit organization for advancing game character's rights now?? But if what I read from a blog entry from kotaku is right, the ladies of Soul Calibur will be more covered up from their Japanese counterparts.

Soul Calibur: Namco Bandai In SHOCK Soul Calibur Breast Cover-Up

A bit odd in my opinion, but that's the American culture. Underboob = dangerous, violence = not so much.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I think I'll have to agree with Legend there, it's definitely a bit weird. They'll cover up under her boobs, yet they're apparently adding enough blood to stain the screen, according to the comments below the link? While I see why some people would agree Ivy looks better covered up a bit more, it does kinda go with the lady like outfits she also appears in, I still think it's weird they're putting in blood, yet covering up their boobs more.

"We can't show as much boob, so we'll just splash some blood around..."

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie silent_man may be famous one day silent_man may be famous one day
    Thanks

i think this is totally stupid. i dont get it you can show all the blood and gore all you want but you can show alot of clevage. now with Ivy i dont care because she always shows a alot of much of T & A.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see what the huge deal is. So what if the girls of Soul Caliber are showing a little too much skin. It's what the public wants. And how is it exploitation? Last I checked the female characters are FICTION! Meaning they don't exist in real life. They have no feelings and once the game is done being completed they are typically thrown back into storage waiting for the game creators to make another game. I honestly don't see what the problem is. The more you skin that is in a videogame such as DOA the more money the game companies make. Money makes the world go round rather you like it or not.

Otaku heartless is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    I don't see what the huge deal is. So what if the girls of Soul Caliber are showing a little too much skin. It's what the public wants. And how is it exploitation? Last I checked the female characters are FICTION! Meaning they don't exist in real life. They have no feelings and once the game is done being completed they are typically thrown back into storage waiting for the game creators to make another game. I honestly don't see what the problem is. The more you skin that is in a videogame such as DOA the more money the game companies make. Money makes the world go round rather you like it or not.
    yeah thats right,it doenst matter if the girls on soul calibur are showing a little too much skin.its just a game after all
    sometimes i wish i never existed
    -heartless.DY-025

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3