+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SoulCalibur (T.V.)?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SoulCalibur (T.V.)?

The reason why a game never makes it well as a show is because the directors think they can make a better story then the one already layed out for them from the game, but we all know that they are always wrong.

Otaku Shannaal is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    The reason why a game never makes it well as a show is because the directors think they can make a better story then the one already layed out for them from the game, but we all know that they are always wrong.
    you make a strong point. Usually shows based on games, they just plain suck.
    The chibis, they want my COOKIES.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah. Now if they just stuck to the story line thats in the game then I think it would be a lot better, but no, the over ego directors have to screw the pooch, turning it into an insult to the game its mocking. Thats what they did with Doom, they turned it into another Resident Evil. It had nothing to do with Hell and Demons which all the DOOM games had and DOOM3 was played off of for the movie.
    As for AVP and AVPR, they should have fallowed the game story which is in the future like the second movie Aliens (and as long as they didn't f@#k around with the Aliens like they did in Reserection and AVPR) It would have been very good.

Thanks

Yeah. Now if they just stuck to the story line thats in the game then I think it would be a lot better, but no, the over ego directors have to screw the pooch, turning it into an insult to the game its mocking. Thats what they did with Doom, they turned it into another Resident Evil. It had nothing to do with Hell and Demons which all the DOOM games had and DOOM3 was played off of for the movie.
    As for AVP and AVPR, they should have fallowed the game story which is in the future like the second movie Aliens (and as long as they didn't f@#k around with the Aliens like they did in Reserection and AVPR) It would have been very good.
    I hate it when they screw with thinkgs that shouldnt be screwed with. My father played doom before he got cancer, and he mastered them all. when i was 2 or 3 i would sit on the floor and watch his chainsaw demons. But know, the F@#keers who made DOOM had to screw with things. I mean ya, it was a great movie, but come on. Their wasnt even a single hell prince, and none of the other stuff. The imps didnt even throw fireballs. people really need to research when they make movies and stuff. What would have happened if the people who made 3- 10 to yuma didnt know hwat happened in WW2? A CRAPPY MOVIE. THATS WHAT. oh well, guess theres nothing i can do about it.

Thanks

I know what you mean, I use to watch my dad play doom when I was little, I was like "chainsaw chainsaw YEAAAAAAAAAH!!" While I was jumping up and down. Out of all the DOOM games DOOM3 scared the sh*t out of me and my brothers as we waited to play it at night with the lights off... Man, that game still creaps me out even when I know when and where the monsters are coming from. If the directors fallowed the game and everything the movie DOOM would have been a box office smash with people all around the world to afrade to turn off their lights before going to bed.
    As for the AVP movies, I really wanted the origenal directors to have done it and not some no name guys with zero directing skills. Altough, the first AVP wasnt to bad, It just wasnt as violant or as scary like the movies before it (And still didnt fallow the origenal story line of the game AVP).
    Any way we better get back on topic.
    Last edited by Scourge; Mar 11, 2008 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks

I know what you mean, I use to watch my dad play doom when I was little, I was like "chainsaw chainsaw YEAAAAAAAAAH!!" While I was jumping up and down. Out of all the DOOM games DOOM3 scared the sh*t out of me and my brothers as we waited to play it at night with the lights off... Man, that game still creaps me out even when I know when and where the monsters are coming from. If the directors fallowed the game and everything the movie DOOM would have been a box office smash with people all around the world to afrade to turn off their lights before going to bed.
    As for the AVP movies, I really wanted the origenal directors to have done it and not some no name guys with zero directing skills. Altough, the first AVP wasnt to bad, It just wasnt as violant or as scary like the movies before it (And still didnt fallow the origenal story line of the game AVP).
    Any way we better get back on topic.
    What is our topic again? Oh yeah. Soul Caliber. I think iv pretty much established why i think it would make a good tv show: awesom plotline and cast. What ya think?

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

i would be into the idea of having an anime series for good old SC. however i'd would definately prefer it in jpanese. after all most of the english voice actors are bloody atrocious.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be nice to have it on TV but i don't think it's necessary. I don't think it will put something new to the table or pull something out of the box, most animated versions of video games end up AT LEAST average in my opinion. I Never really saw anything that went on to become a great show, all i see are JUST "shows based on video games"...not great versions of an artform done on another kind of media.

If ever Soulc Calibur ends up with a tv show, i won't like it to become somewhat like Street Fighter where all the other guys ended up as extras while one or few characters hog the spotlight. At least show some depth and background with the 2nd stringers, not just make them as a background-less grunt getting beaten up by one of the main characters.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hantei16 For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Mar 13, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast