+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: South Park and other parodies, How far is too far?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: South Park and other parodies, How far is too far?

@ SamuraiDude: I think that episode was appealing to the lowest common denominator, honestly. Same with the wrestling episode in this new season. While South Park often has great social or political commentary, every now and then they just have cartoons that miss, and are sophomoric to the point that anyone who judges the cartoons based off those embarrassing little incidents, suddenly think the entire series is like that and isn't worth having on TV. But when you look at some of them like the Douche and Turd episode, the latest Harley Fag episode, you see commentary presented in such a way that is sometimes pure genius, and they give us things that I think we could use a lot more of on TV. South Park really does have more good episodes than they do bad ones. Just because people enjoy the show doesn't mean they love every episode either. Well, maybe some do, but that's mostly a fan-boy mentality.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

@DARK
    Oh yeah, I completely understand what your saying and I'm just pointing out that those episodes that are a miss just take it too far sometimes, otherwise yeah, the commentary is fantastic. Having lived in Colorado I understand a lot of the references to Colorado in the show.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

South Park, like all comedy shows it or some comedy shows like family guy and america dad and the celeven show Yes Family was funny in the shows start and So was south park. But stone & parker have no creative procress any more, along with Seth mcflarne.

I mean telling a story is one thing but geting censord or pull twice is another thing and Family guy would have been take off the air if it had not been for [Adultswim] what next are you all gonna to buy south park as well. the same with Robot chicken that shows is just loaded with take off of this and that.

Bottom line it is more about the money and fame, then the telling of the storys to Shows like South parth and all of the world of seth mcflane and seth green. and to think the america public would watch parodies shows like south park, robot chicken over a good anime is beyond me

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

TBH, I find it funny.... most of the time. Sometimes I feel they do things which are stupid and out of order. The dead celebrities episode, I hadn't heared of it until I viewed this thread, and I don't plan on watching it. I thought that South Park WOULD ridicule MJ after he died, and it would be unfunny and offensive.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurai View Post
    TBH, I find it funny.... most of the time. Sometimes I feel they do things which are stupid and out of order. The dead celebrities episode, I hadn't heared of it until I viewed this thread, and I don't plan on watching it. I thought that South Park WOULD ridicule MJ after he died, and it would be unfunny and offensive.
    Not just MJ was parodied, I think that they parodied over 20 recently deceased celebrities. I mean recent too, like Patrick Swayze and such.
    I think that it's safe to say no one is safe from Matt and Trey. Dead or alive.

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Utena Tenjo View Post
    Not just MJ was parodied, I think that they parodied over 20 recently deceased celebrities. I mean recent too, like Patrick Swayze and such.
    I think that it's safe to say no one is safe from Matt and Trey. Dead or alive.
    I think they were PLANNING this, now you say this! I think they thought "Okay, all these celebrities seem to be dying! Lets wait until they all die off and make fun of them all!".

Like I said, I think they occasionally do something stupid, but it's funny most of the time.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I bet if Matt and Trey were dead or had died out of the blue then South park would not find it so funny. but the people that Hate South park would rejoice and call it justice.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    I bet if Matt and Trey were dead or had died out of the blue then South park would not find it so funny. but the people that Hate South park would rejoice and call it justice.
    To be honest? I think these guys will find it funny and/or they would know that they deserved it if that happened. And I don't call someone dying justice after a episode of a comedy show that's already known for shock humour. A roast or parody, maybe?

EDIT: @ Kurai, I think that they noticed AFTER everyone died, and if more died after the original writing, they incorporated it in later. I doubt they were waiting for them all to die off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Utena Tenjo For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Nov 16, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast