+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedracer

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Speedracer

Can you beleave it, the made a movie of that low buget cartoon called speed racer. I don't care about speed Racer because the main character is so stuck up a snob.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Speedracer

I actually have fond memories of Speed Racer... I always found the fast-speaking dubs amusing. Like "Oooh, these guys are so into it they're even talking fast."

I'm a bit skeptical of the movie, but seeing as it's headed by those darn Wachowskis, with their Vs and their computer programmers, I'm really looking forward to it.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I have more anticipation for the live action adaptation of Dragon Ball. Now, even if the movie ends up sucky and lame, at least it'll suck EPICALLY.
    I love my girlfriend.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

In my book Speed Racer is a poorly made anime if you asked me.
    I seen the previews ugh.... it looks like hollywood is hard up.
    I hope some here sees the movie and let me know how this movie is...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    In my book Speed Racer is a poorly made anime if you asked me.
    I seen the previews ugh.... it looks like hollywood is hard up.
    I hope some here sees the movie and let me know how this movie is...
    Considering that the original 'Speed Racer' was made in the 1960s, its not surprising you would consider this a poorly made anime. On the other hand, can you name any other 1960s TV animation series that's better???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it's a low budget show...Low-tech might be the better term for it, low-tech in terms of the technological capabilities of today. It's simply one of those iconic animes if ya ask me...

I've seen the previews of the movie, it looks visually enticing enough to watch. It's always a risk to take on such classics, remakes are mostly too hyped but some just can't live up to it. But hey i think the Wachowskis are doing a good job, based on what i've seen so far.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

I think its gonna bomb like hell, just like the DBZ movie will. It's best to keep things they way they are, just as Animes. so if you DO make a movie that's Anime-based then when u make it, KEEP IT AN ANIME AND DON'T TRY TO MAKE IT WITH REAL LIFE PPL!

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i can't w8 for speed racer. i loved the orriginal anime and the movie looks to be pretty good. i have not heard of a live DB adaptation... whats with that? how do they plan to pull that off. it'll be even worse than eragon...

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast