+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Speedracer

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Speedracer

Do think SpeedRacer was a complete show off ? I thought Speedracer was a ham of a character.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

What cartoon character from the 60s wasn't paper thin?
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    On the other hand, can you name any other 1960s TV animation series that's better???
    johnny quest, space ghost, birdman...mostly action based hannah barbera cartoons.
    i was expecting the car hater guy from the speed racer cartoon to be shown in the movie.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I loved Speed Racer as a kid. I understand that by today's standards its really crappy but I lov eit for the nostalgia that's involved. A bunch of my friends and me plan to go up and watch it on the day it comes out. Personally I think the movie is something only meant for those who either grew up with it as a child and loved it, or little kids around the age of 6. As for the new cartoons that were made. I really didn't much care for them. Speed Racer X wasn't bad but this newest one isn't something that should've been made or at least should've been made better.
    Last edited by Billum256; Apr 07, 2008 at 05:58 AM.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Astonishing Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not too into Speed Racer, but seeing the trailers, I'm kind of liking what I'm seeing. I think it just might be a little too colorful though...

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I wonder if they'll slip in the song made about the original series? Basically I mean the song I mentioned earlier, which has a bit of the theme song, then some similar music as it goes on about some guy gotten beaten by Speed Racer a year ago, & now is the time for their revenge (or something along those lines), the racing sound effects & some lines from the show, the girl telling Speed he was wonderful after he wins, then finishes with the bad guy saying "You have beaten us Speed Racer, but I solemnly swear you will pay for our defeat. We will race you again, soon! And we will beat you *Evil laughter*". There also was a more adult version, but I'll keep this G rated...

Might be alright for a chuckle, maybe even a good movie considering who's working on it, but I won't get too excited. I'll stay open minded on this, see what people who have watched it think first...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Speed Racer

What do you guys think about Speed Racer? Speed would be cool if it didn't look so F**king gay. Why couldn't they have made it more serious like the new batman movies. The people that seen the cartoon(Anime) in the past are grown up now, and want something more serious, not some movie that looks like its on acid. I guess they want to appeal to the little kiddies?

I know the original was that way but i was looking for something different.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Apr 27, 2008 at 03:43 PM.

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Speed Racer

I'll see it. But I'm going to wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it first. It doesn't really look all that great to me. Sure the Mach 5 looks okay and for those that need it, it has all of the classic elements of the original. But, truth be told, I'm more excited about Iron Man than Speed Racer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast