+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Speedracer

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Speed Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    What do you guys think about Speed Racer? Speed would be cool if it didn't look so F**king gay. Why couldn't they have made it more serious like the new batman movies. The people that seen the cartoon(Anime) in the past are grown up now, and want something more serious, not some movie that looks like its on acid. I guess they want to appeal to the little kiddies?

I know the original was that way but i was looking for something different.
    As someone who used to watch the original Speed Racer anime, I'd say that the film adaptation's cartoonishness is precisely the point. The directors were simply being faithful to the nature of the original.

Batman's an entirely different story, though. Batman did start out as a comic book series little boys would enjoy, but then again, it's now generally accepted that the series has taken on a darker, more serious feel to it.

So while Batman "grew up" as a franchise, Speed Racer didn't have to. Perhaps he was meant to remain with the kiddy demographic after all.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Speedracer

AWW the movie duid so terrible! I knew it would it was a good try but it just looked so lame. and now they remade the Anime into a show that comes on Nicktoons! It's terrible! they shouild have just left Speedracer alone like they should do with a lot of things out now. (One of them NOT being FF7 *Not until they remake the original* and one of them BEING not making a Tekken movie )

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    AWW the movie duid so terrible! I knew it would it was a good try but it just looked so lame. and now they remade the Anime into a show that comes on Nicktoons! It's terrible! they shouild have just left Speedracer alone like they should do with a lot of things out now. (One of them NOT being FF7 *Not until they remake the original* and one of them BEING not making a Tekken movie )
    Well, that's your opinion. I agree with you about them better off not touching Tekken, though; video game movies I've seen so far are made mostly of suck and fail.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I'm seeing a lot of people judging this before they've watched it. Like Psychical said, it's based off a bit of a kiddies show. It always was a bit cartoony, but that's part of it's charm if you ask me. Stuff driving around in circles, show me barrel rolls, on purpose spinning & built in weapons. I'll see how it turns out, but i am pleasantly interested...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5